User Survey poorly designed

From
"Peter Headland"

The user survey is impossible to complete accurately for a typical OEM that is using postgres as part of an application. All those questions about primary database, hardware, etc. simply have no rational answers. So the survey excludes a significant chunk of the community.

--

Peter Headland

Architect - e.Reports

Actuate Corporation

Re: User Survey poorly designed

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
Excuse me... but, can you provide then a good community survey, or join
those who want to create a good (and i mean really good) one? there have
been threads with this topic (about a community survey)...

I'm speaking by myself... but coming with a problem... and not trying to
solve it... its just adding more gas to the fire...

Peter Headland escribió:
> The user survey is impossible to complete accurately for a typical OEM
> that is using postgres as part of an application. All those questions
> about “primary database”, hardware, etc. simply have no rational
> answers. So the survey excludes a significant chunk of the community.
>
> --
>
> Peter Headland
>
> Architect - e.Reports
>
> Actuate Corporation

Re: User Survey poorly designed

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
On Tuesday 07 July 2009 15:31:28 Santiago Zarate wrote:
> Excuse me... but, can you provide then a good community survey, or join
> those who want to create a good (and i mean really good) one? there have
> been threads with this topic (about a community survey)...

Go to bsdcertification.org, they have the best methodology in the entire opensource milieu.

--
Robert Bernier