Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
(and there was much rejoicing)

Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
  Post 'em on this thread.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Guido Barosio
Date:
twittin'

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
> (and there was much rejoicing)
>
> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>  Post 'em on this thread.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> www.pgexperts.com

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
dented (identi.ca)
sent to planet ubuntu, and other Venezuelan Sites (currently asking the
cnti people to publish)

http://blog.santiago.zarate.net.ve/archives/45-Liberado-PostgreSQL-8.4
http://grupove.org.ve/node/56

Guido Barosio escribió:
> twittin'
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
>> (and there was much rejoicing)
>>
>> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>>  Post 'em on this thread.
>>
>> --
>> Josh Berkus
>> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
>> www.pgexperts.com
>>
>> --

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
In Italian: http://www.comunicati-stampa.net/com/cs-63703/

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Enrico Pirozzi
Date:
www.psql.it updated :)

2009/7/1 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> All,
>
> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
> (and there was much rejoicing)
>
> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>  Post 'em on this thread.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> www.pgexperts.com

That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind

Enrico Pirozzi
Tel.  +39 0861 1855771
Mob.+39 328 4164437
Fax  +39 0861 1850310
www.enricopirozzi.info
info@enricopirozzi.info
Skype sscotty71
Gtalk sscotty71@gmail.com

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Charles Duffy
Date:
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>  Post 'em on this thread.

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/309585/postgresql_8_4_released_focus_admin_monitoring

Charles Duffy

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:

http://www.fayerwayer.com/2009/07/postgresql-84-mantiene-distancia-con-sus-rivales/

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
"Stéphane A. Schildknecht"
Date:

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
(and there was much rejoicing)

Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.  Post 'em on this thread.

German (short news report):

Article with more detail:

Ian Barwick

Date:
ahother one in spanish  http://vivalinux.com.ar/soft/postgresql-8.4

Josh Berkus escribió:
> All,
>
> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
> (and there was much rejoicing)
>
> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>  Post 'em on this thread.

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Ernesto Quiñones
Date:
In twitter the new was very distributed

2009/7/2 Santiago Zarate <santiago@zarate.net.ve>:
> ahother one in spanish  http://vivalinux.com.ar/soft/postgresql-8.4
>
> Josh Berkus escribió:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
>> (and there was much rejoicing)
>>
>> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>>  Post 'em on this thread.

Inscribete en las listas de APESOL
http://www.apesol.org/listas.php

Visita
http://www.eqsoft.net
Manuales, noticias, foros, etc.

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
> (and there was much rejoicing)
>
> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>  Post 'em on this thread.

Better late than never - we made The Register:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/postgresql_8_4/

--
Dave Page

Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
> > (and there was much rejoicing)
> >
> > Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
> > ?Post 'em on this thread.
>
> Better late than never - we made The Register:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/postgresql_8_4/

And InformationWeek:

  http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/database/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218400821

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Guido Barosio
Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#search?q=Postgresql%208.4

gb.-

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Bruce Momjian<bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> > All,
>> >
>> > As of about 1 hour ago, version 8.4 is officially released!
>> > (and there was much rejoicing)
>> >
>> > Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>> > ?Post 'em on this thread.
>>
>> Better late than never - we made The Register:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/postgresql_8_4/
>
> And InformationWeek:
>
>  http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/database/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218400821
>
> --
>  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
>  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com
>
>  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Chris Browne
Date:
dpage@pgadmin.org (Dave Page) writes:
> Better late than never - we made The Register:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/07/postgresql_8_4/

The best bits being, of course, the first few lines:
- "More junk in the trunk"
- The project ... is ... blowing its nose ...

All the High Quality journalism we expect from TheRegister :-).
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxdatabases.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/rdbms.html

Re: Release is out ... please collect press links!

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:54:41 -0700 Josh Berkus wrote:

> Which means ... time to collect links for press coverage of the release.
>   Post 'em on this thread.

gulli.com had an article (in german):

http://www.gulli.com/news/postgresql-version-8-4-ver-2009-07-01/

also golem.de (in german):