US printing requirements for this spring?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

Currently we have:

~ 100 partially-stuffed Services folders
~ 100 New "What is PostgreSQL?" Flyers

0 4-page Fujitsu Brochures

The City of Garden Grove has generously offered (thank you, Noel!) to
print any 2 color docs of our choice this year as a contribution to the
project.

So, what should we ask them to print?

Folders aren't possible, but everything else is.

I'm thinking:

1000 4-page Brochures
2000 "What is PostgreSQL?" Flyers

However, we might want some 8.4 Release flyers instead of the latter.

--Josh

Re: US printing requirements for this spring?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 22:15 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,

> I'm thinking:
>
> 1000 4-page Brochures
> 2000 "What is PostgreSQL?" Flyers
>
> However, we might want some 8.4 Release flyers instead of the latter.

We should print on demand except for the 4 page flyers. Single page
printing is relatively cheap and we should use the gracious offers to
print from folks like Garden Grove to items that are not easy to print
on demand.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: US printing requirements for this spring?

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
>> All,
>
>> I'm thinking:
>>
>> 1000 4-page Brochures
>> 2000 "What is PostgreSQL?" Flyers
>>
>> However, we might want some 8.4 Release flyers instead of the latter.
>
> We should print on demand except for the 4 page flyers. Single page
> printing is relatively cheap and we should use the gracious offers to
> print from folks like Garden Grove to items that are not easy to print
> on demand.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I think I still have 250 (+ -) of the 11" x 17", multiple page/center
folded/stitched :
 "The Business Case for PostgreSQL" laying about - if anyone has a need.

Re: US printing requirements for this spring?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mike,

> I think I still have 250 (+ -) of the 11" x 17", multiple page/center
> folded/stitched :
>  "The Business Case for PostgreSQL" laying about - if anyone has a need.

Really?  Yeah, we could use them.

Josh, actually, Noel would be saving us about $400 a year on the
single-page flyers.  And he's willing to print the 4-pager *and* one
single-page flyer.  So why not?

Date:
On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 08:16 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mike,
>
> > I think I still have 250 (+ -) of the 11" x 17", multiple page/center
> > folded/stitched :
> >  "The Business Case for PostgreSQL" laying about - if anyone has a need.
>
> Really?  Yeah, we could use them.
>
> Josh, actually, Noel would be saving us about $400 a year on the
> single-page flyers.  And he's willing to print the 4-pager *and* one
> single-page flyer.  So why not?

The single page flyers have a tendency to change more often and can
easily be modified to advocate specific events or organizations around
PostgreSQL.

I am not "opposed" just saying that it seems a waste of the gift.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: US printing requirements for this spring?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> The single page flyers have a tendency to change more often and can
> easily be modified to advocate specific events or organizations around
> PostgreSQL.
>
> I am not "opposed" just saying that it seems a waste of the gift.

Ah, ok.  Are we likely to have anything more complex/expensive?  Other
than the folders themselves, which Noel can't do.

--Josh