Bootable Flash Drive Installation Scripts

From
Richard Broersma
Date:
Has anyone or can anyone develop(ed) a shell script to install the
various .iso and .img files onto a flash drive.  We will have the
necessary laptops and flash drives on hand to create any of the
various bootable PostrgresQL stack installs that are available.  My
concern is that we (the non-SAs) might be lacking the know-how needed
to create this niffy swag items quickly on demand.

Any thoughts?

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Bootable Flash Drive Installation Scripts

From
Richard Broersma
Date:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Robert Bernier
<robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2009 19:40:07 Richard Broersma wrote:
>
>> Has anyone or can anyone develop(ed) a shell script to install the
>> various .iso and .img files onto a flash drive?
>
> Please refer to this posting that I made on advocacy on this subject:
>
>> > - mount the stick and copy the image over to a FAT16 partition, which
>> > should be the primary one and set as bootable too as for example:
>> > mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
>> > cp -rf pg-live-image /mnt/
>> >
>> > - unmount and execute the following command (assumes requisite system
>> > tools "apt-get install syslinux mtools"):
>> > syslinux -f /dev/sdb1
>> > lilo -M /dev/sdb

Thanks Robert I will give it a try!

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Bootable Flash Drive Installation Scripts

From
Robert Bernier

Hello Richard,

--

Robert Bernier

PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst & Architect

B.Sc. Systems Engineering

http://pg-live.info