Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
Christophe
Date:
Do we have a list anywhere of ISPs that happily support PostgreSQL?  I
would love to be able to point clients at such a thing, to reduce the
anxiety of recommending PG.

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 14:35 -0800, Christophe wrote:
> Do we have a list anywhere of ISPs that happily support PostgreSQL?  I
> would love to be able to point clients at such a thing, to reduce the
> anxiety of recommending PG.

Most that I have seen are moving to a VPS scenario so they all support
PostgreSQL. CMD supports VPS and Dedicated. Hub supports a bunch and
there are others. We professionally also use John Companies and
SliceHost. All have treated us well.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
Nikolas Everett
Date:
Slicehost has treated me well in the past as well.

I like the answer on their FAQ to "will it be too hard?"

Nik

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 14:35 -0800, Christophe wrote:
> Do we have a list anywhere of ISPs that happily support PostgreSQL?  I
> would love to be able to point clients at such a thing, to reduce the
> anxiety of recommending PG.

Most that I have seen are moving to a VPS scenario so they all support
PostgreSQL. CMD supports VPS and Dedicated. Hub supports a bunch and
there are others. We professionally also use John Companies and
SliceHost. All have treated us well.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
  The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
Greg Smith
Date:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Christophe wrote:

> Do we have a list anywhere of ISPs that happily support PostgreSQL?

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
Christophe
Date:
On Feb 9, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

Oh, *that* list!  (blush)  Thanks!

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
http://www.a2hosting.com/  has pg 8.3.x enabled hosting (starting from
shared hosting)
http://www.onuva.com/ we are used to provide hosting for our clients too...

2009/2/10 Christophe <xof@thebuild.com>:

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting
>
> Oh, *that* list!  (blush)  Thanks!

Re: Postgres-enabled ISPs?

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
http://www.hub.org ... we host any and all versions ... we still have
OpenACS clienst with 7.2 requirements that we have running in
production ...