Users group on a map

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi,

I wonder if there's a map which shows locations where
each PostgreSQL users group in http://pugs.postgresql.org/ exists. I'm
going to use this for a presentation for an University in Japan.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
Hello!

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there's a map which shows locations where
> each PostgreSQL users group in http://pugs.postgresql.org/ exists. I'm
> going to use this for a presentation for an University in Japan.

I have made one:

http://moourl.com/pugmap

I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
should place markers?

Thanks!
-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org

Re: Users group on a map

Date:
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if there's a map which shows locations where
> > each PostgreSQL users group in http://pugs.postgresql.org/ exists. I'm
> > going to use this for a presentation for an University in Japan.
>
> I have made one:
>
> http://moourl.com/pugmap

Nice but perhaps the elephant images are too large for the map scale.

> I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
> should place markers?

JPUG has per-city groups;  I got this list from the JPUG web site,
translated into English:

    Hokkaido Branch
    Sendai Branch (listed as Northeast)
    Niigata Branch
    Nagoya Branch
    Kansai Branch
    Shikoku Branch
    Hiroshima Branch (listed as China)
    Kyushu Branch
    Okinawa Branch

and of course Tokyo.

Re: Users group on a map

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi Selena,

> > I wonder if there's a map which shows locations where
> > each PostgreSQL users group in http://pugs.postgresql.org/ exists. I'm
> > going to use this for a presentation for an University in Japan.
>
> I have made one:
>
> http://moourl.com/pugmap

Great! Can you make the elephant icon a little bit smaller so that we
could figure out the locations easier?

> I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
> should place markers?

As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
Hi Ishii-san,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:

>> > I wonder if there's a map which shows locations where
>> > each PostgreSQL users group in http://pugs.postgresql.org/ exists. I'm
>> > going to use this for a presentation for an University in Japan.
>>
>> I have made one:
>>
>> http://moourl.com/pugmap
>
> Great! Can you make the elephant icon a little bit smaller so that we
> could figure out the locations easier?

Done!  Please have a look.

>> I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
>> should place markers?
>
> As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
> the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).

I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
got them right!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily

Re: Users group on a map

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Selena Deckelmann escribió:

> >> I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
> >> should place markers?
> >
> > As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
> > the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
>
> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
> got them right!

Neat!

You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>> > As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
>> > the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
>>
>> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
>> got them right!
>
> Neat!
>
> You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
> has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
> http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )

Thank you!  Added.

I couldn't find Formoza, but got the others. Do you have coordinates?
Or is the Spanish spelling different?

Anyone else - feel free to chime in if I'm missing any. I'll translate
these back to the main PUG page later.

-selena

--

Date:
Selena Deckelmann escribió:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
> > has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
> > http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )
>
> Thank you!  Added.
>
> I couldn't find Formoza, but got the others. Do you have coordinates?
> Or is the Spanish spelling different?

I can only guess that it is this one:
http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&q=Formosa%2C%20argentina&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Guido, Emanuel, please confirm.

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Emanuel Calvo Franco"
Date:
2009/1/5 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Selena Deckelmann escribió:
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> > You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
>> > has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
>> > http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )
>>
>> Thank you!  Added.
>>
>> I couldn't find Formoza, but got the others. Do you have coordinates?
>> Or is the Spanish spelling different?
>
> I can only guess that it is this one:
> http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&q=Formosa%2C%20argentina&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
>
> Guido, Emanuel, please confirm.

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, this is the city of Formosa.

Remember that these 'mini-pugs' works together with the arpug. There still
too small :)

Thanks Alvaro to advice...

> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

      Emanuel Calvo Franco
Syscope Postgresql Consultant
     ArPUG / AOSUG Member

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Santiago Zarate"
Date:
Also perubian pug is missing too.. (Lima, Peru)

2009/1/6 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:

>> > As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
>> > the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
>>
>> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
>> got them right!
>
> Neat!
>
> You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
> has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
> http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Re: Users group on a map

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi Selena,

> > Great! Can you make the elephant icon a little bit smaller so that we
> > could figure out the locations easier?
>
> Done!  Please have a look.

Great! Thanks.

> >> I wasn't sure where to put JPUG groups. Can you tell me which cities I
> >> should place markers?
> >
> > As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
> > the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
>
> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
> got them right!

Would you please add "Hokkai-do" branch? It's located at Sapporo city.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
Hi Ishii-san,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:

>> > As Bruce mentioned, JPUG has several branches. However,
>> > the "headquarter office" is located in Tokyo(actually in my office).
>>
>> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
>> got them right!
>
> Would you please add "Hokkai-do" branch? It's located at Sapporo city.

Done!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily

Re: Users group on a map

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi Selena,

> Hi Ishii-san,

> >> I put the rest on the map, based on the names Bruce posted.  I hope I
> >> got them right!
> >
> > Would you please add "Hokkai-do" branch? It's located at Sapporo city.
>
> Done!

Thanks!
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Users group on a map

From
"Emanuel Calvo Franco"
Date:
2009/1/5 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Selena Deckelmann escribió:
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> > You're missing vepug (Caracas, Venezuela).  Also, there is ARPUG, which
>> > has several branches: Cordoba, Mendoza and Formoza (according to
>> > http://www.postgres-arg.org/ )
>>
>> Thank you!  Added.
>>
>> I couldn't find Formoza, but got the others. Do you have coordinates?
>> Or is the Spanish spelling different?
>

> I can only guess that it is this one:
> http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=es&q=Formosa%2C%20argentina&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Selena, these map is ok, can you add the branch to arpug?
I resent the mail to you becuase the first go to the list and alvaro only.

BTW, i try to add content in pugs.postgresql.org with my account in BAPUG but
i can't. I don't know if i don't have permissions or something else...

regards,

> Guido, Emanuel, please confirm.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

      Emanuel Calvo Franco
   ArPUG / AOSUG Member
 Postgresql Support & Admin

Re: Users group on a map

From
Jean-Paul Argudo
Date:
Hi Selena,

Thanks for this map, thats quite cool to see blue elephants flying all
over the globe without taking illicit substances.

> http://moourl.com/pugmap

Looks like some elephants are missing:

 - Chili (Valparaiso? Alvaro may precise this): www.postgresql.cl

 - Peru (Lima?): www.postgresql.pe

 - Tunisia (?): http://pugs.postgresql.org/tunisia/  buts seems its a
   dead link for some time

At the moment, that's all I remember of.

Thanks again,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org

Re: Users group on a map

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Jean-Paul Argudo escribió:

> Thanks for this map, thats quite cool to see blue elephants flying all
> over the globe without taking illicit substances.

:-D

> > http://moourl.com/pugmap
>
> Looks like some elephants are missing:
>
>  - Chili (Valparaiso? Alvaro may precise this): www.postgresql.cl

Sadly, this isn't really community.  It was a one-man effort; this man
went to greener pastures a long time ago, and the site is effectively
unmaintained.  Currently there is no Pg community in Chile.

>  - Peru (Lima?): www.postgresql.pe

Small correction: http://www.postgresql.org.pe

I'm still trying to figure out if this group is alive or not.
Apparently it is.