Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Kostas Maistrelis
Date:

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Kostas,

> The greek pug, http://www.postgresql.gr, would like to be present at the
> conference via a presentation booth. Also we are thinking of printing our
> own dissemination material in the greek language, mainly flyers.

Cool.  The rest of us will be in Ottawa, otherwise I'd be thrilled to go to
Greece.

> We would like to ask you, if it would be feasible for you to send us  some
> dissemination material, i.e. posters (mainly) and flyers. It would  be
> best, if you could send this material in both printed and electronic
> format, so that we may utilize parts of it in our greek material.

I'll update the flyers on the PostgreSQL PR project on pgfoundry, and let you
know when they are updated.

> For supporting the printing of our dissemination material, we are thinking
> of finding some sponsor(s). We would like to ask you to advice us on the
> principles or rules that apply to pugs getting sponsorships, if any.

In the future, the PostgreSQL European Association will pay for such things.
Right now, I'm not sure they have any money yet (Andreas?) so you should ask
for funds from SPI (e-mail jd@commandprompt.com and cc me).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> > For supporting the printing of our dissemination material, we are
> > thinking of finding some sponsor(s). We would like to ask you to
> > advice us on the principles or rules that apply to pugs getting
> > sponsorships, if any.
>
> In the future, the PostgreSQL European Association will pay for such
> things. Right now, I'm not sure they have any money yet (Andreas?) so
> you should ask for funds from SPI (e-mail jd@commandprompt.com and cc
> me).

We don't. We're still waiting on the french government for the final
steps of the registration.

We may have some swag that can be sent your way, but I don't know for
sure.

//Magnus

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Jean-Paul Argudo
Date:
Hi Kostas,

First of all, sorry for the delay in my answer, I was really busy at
work, and I missed your post on advocacy...

Second, kudos to you there!! It is each time a pleasure to see
volunteers helping the project to be better known ;)

>>> For supporting the printing of our dissemination material, we are
>>> thinking of finding some sponsor(s). We would like to ask you to
>>> advice us on the principles or rules that apply to pugs getting
>>> sponsorships, if any.

Thats still a big question, how PG user groups|associations|non-profit
may grab money, and from who, and how... I think PostgreSQL Europe group
will provide you solutions on this. We still haven't decided anything at
PostgreSQLFr about this.

At the moment the rule is "do what you can, how you can" and "nice if it
works for you"...

Just a hint tough: is there any greek PostgreSQL Company around you may
ask for support?

>> In the future, the PostgreSQL European Association will pay for such
>> things.

I'd be glad if we could already. And I'll be proud when we will be able
to do so.

>> Right now, I'm not sure they have any money yet (Andreas?) so
>> you should ask for funds from SPI (e-mail jd@commandprompt.com and cc
>> me).
> We don't.

Yep, we're poor at the moment. Hope we'll find ways to finance a local
(europe) support to PUGs too.

We're still fighting to have postgresql.eu up and running. Seems there
are some red tape problems. Magnus may give more info, if needed on this.

> We're still waiting on the french government for the final
> steps of the registration.

Yes it won't be long now I think.

> We may have some swag that can be sent your way, but I don't know for
> sure.

We have some nice promotional material at PostgreSQLFr now. What would
you need Kostas?

First, you could check our SVN there (every content free of
use/reuse/adapt):

http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk

I doubt you'd need PostgreSQLFr goodies, right? If so tell me what,
we'll see if we can help you?

Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org
www.Dalibo.com

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
"Gabriele Bartolini"
Date:
Hi Kostas,

we do have lots of flyers that ITPUG printed for FOSDEM (you can see the flyer here: http://www.itpug.org/pdf/flyer-2008.en.pdf ). We can ship them to you, I am sure we have the money (as PostgreSQL Europe) to send some flyers to you. Andreas has all the flyers left from FOSDEM, and I think that at least a hundred can be sent with no problem at all.

Thanks,
Gabriele

Date:

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Kostas,

I've uploaded the Version 8.3 promotional flyer for your use:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/5617/83_rel_flyer.odt

Note that there's also a PG information flyer from FOSDEM on pgfoundry:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/3767/pg-general.odt

In general, flyers and handouts will be/should be uploaded to the PR
project:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000047

--Josh Berkus

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Kostas,
>
> I've uploaded the Version 8.3 promotional flyer for your use:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/5617/83_rel_flyer.odt
>
> Note that there's also a PG information flyer from FOSDEM on pgfoundry:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/3767/pg-general.odt
>
> In general, flyers and handouts will be/should be uploaded to the PR
> project:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000047

Last friday, I worked on two SVG posters with Inkscape:

  * list of the statistics tables/views (see [1])

  * and a pg_catalog schema image (see [2])

They could be of some use. The first one is ugly when displayed with
Firefox, but great with Inkscape. The second one is great on both. I
have not tried yet to print them, but I would like to have them printed
for PostgreSQLfr next booth.

Regards.

[1]
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/dbastatsviews.svg?format=raw

[2]
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/catalogs83.svg?format=raw

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Date:
> We're still fighting to have postgresql.eu up and running. Seems there
> are some red tape problems. Magnus may give more info, if needed on this.

For the past week and a half or so we are waiting on cybertec to send a new fax to eurid. The previous fax had too
smallfont to be accepted (!), and the eurid servers appear unable to deliver email to the cybertec ones so the online
methoddoesnt work....

/Magnus

Date:
Kostas Maistrelis ha scritto:
> The conference is on the 27th of May, if you think there is enough time
> for the shipping we would appreciate if you could send us a few flyers,
> i think maybe 30 pieces  would be fine, we have found
> a local software company to cover some of our expenses
> so we are going to print some stuff on our own.

Ciao Kostas,

   ITPUG can ship them to you with no problem. I have more than 30
English flyers left here.

   As soon as we finalise the payment with the graphic designer, we will
put the AI files for the English flyer that ITPUG commissioned for
FOSDEM on the pgfoundry press project.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Date:

Re: Greece: 3rd Open Source Software Conference.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Guillaume Lelarge escribió:

>  * and a pg_catalog schema image (see [2])

Looks nice.  One change I'd do is get rid of the unreferenced columns in
pg_am -- it makes that catalog take too much space.

I'd also move pg_pltemplate closer to pg_language.

And make the catalog name stand out more.

Date:
Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge escribió:
>
>>  * and a pg_catalog schema image (see [2])
>
> Looks nice.  One change I'd do is get rid of the unreferenced columns in
> pg_am -- it makes that catalog take too much space.

Problem is, they are referenced. I just forgot to put links to the
pg_proc.oid column.

> I'd also move pg_pltemplate closer to pg_language.

Done.

I've also found the pg_trigger twice, so I deleted one.

> And make the catalog name stand out more.

Done too.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

PS: posters are now moved in their own directory, so this poster is now
here:
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/posters/catalogs83.svg?format=raw

--
Guillaume.