[Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Ciao guys,

   would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in Prato,
Italy on October 17 and 18?

   It would be great to know if you are thinking of presenting a paper
(in that case I will put you in touch with the technical committee).

   Just keep in mind that we are organising developer rooms to give PG
developers the chance to work together.

   Please reply with a yes/no and - if unsure - the probability. :)

Participation: Yes
Paper: No (90%)

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Ciao guys,
>
>    would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
> coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in Prato,
> Italy on October 17 and 18?
>
>    It would be great to know if you are thinking of presenting a paper
> (in that case I will put you in touch with the technical committee).
>
>    Just keep in mind that we are organising developer rooms to give PG
> developers the chance to work together.
>
>    Please reply with a yes/no and - if unsure - the probability. :)
>
> Participation: Yes
> Paper: No (90%)

Oh, and please respond in private email to Gabriele on this - so the
list doens't get flooded bu the thousands of people coming to Prato!

//Magnus

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi folks,

   my apologies. It is probably better if you reply to me privately. I
don't want to unnecessarily fill the mailbox of everyone. :)

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy
gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com | www.gabrielebartolini.it
"If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of Pelé", George Best
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gbartolini

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Matteo Beccati
>    Please reply with a yes/no and - if unsure - the probability. :)
>
> Participation: Yes
> Paper: No (90%)

Partecipation: Yes
Paper: No

How about web-based registration forms?

Cheers

--
Matteo Beccati

OpenX - http://www.openx.org

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Ciao Matteo,

> How about web-based registration forms?

Yes, we will. But at this stage it is just a rough estimation. We need
to write press announcements and we would like to know who from the core
team for instance is coming, and this sort of things.

Thanks,
Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy
gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com | www.gabrielebartolini.it
"If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of Pelé", George Best
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gbartolini

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Date:
Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Ciao guys,
>
>    would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
> coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in Prato,
> Italy on October 17 and 18?
>
>    It would be great to know if you are thinking of presenting a paper
> (in that case I will put you in touch with the technical committee).
>
>    Just keep in mind that we are organising developer rooms to give PG
> developers the chance to work together.
>
>    Please reply with a yes/no and - if unsure - the probability. :)
>
> Participation: Yes
> Paper: No (90%)
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriele

I would like to come and I would like to give a talk again.
I was thinking of talking about using Google's Map / Reduce concept with
PostgreSQL.
Maybe we will even have some nicely working codes by then.

    many thanks,

       hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
PostgreSQL Solutions and Support

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:31:34AM +0200, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Ciao guys,
>
>    would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
> coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in Prato,
> Italy on October 17 and 18?
>
>    It would be great to know if you are thinking of presenting a paper
> (in that case I will put you in touch with the technical committee).
>
>    Just keep in mind that we are organising developer rooms to give PG
> developers the chance to work together.
>
>    Please reply with a yes/no and - if unsure - the probability. :)
>
> Participation: Yes
> Paper: No (90%)

Participation: Yes (90%)
Paper: Yes if participating.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:31 +0200, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

>    would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
> coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in Prato,
> Italy on October 17 and 18?

> Participation:
Si

> Paper:
Si

:-)

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:18:59 +0100
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:31 +0200, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
>
> >    would it be possible to get a list of people who are thinking of
> > coming to the Italian/European PGDay 2008 which will be held in
> > Prato, Italy on October 17 and 18?
>
> > Participation:
> Si
>
> > Paper:
> Si
>
> :-)

I thought this was an Italian conference, oh wait....

Date:
Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
> I thought this was an Italian conference, oh wait....

No Joshua,

   it will be the Italian and European PGDay for 2008, all at once.
There will be two sessions, one in Italian and one in English. I am not
part of the technical committee, but this should be the setup, depending
on the paper requests process.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy
gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com | www.gabrielebartolini.it
"If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of Pelé", George Best
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gbartolini

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:28:36 +0200
Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
> > I thought this was an Italian conference, oh wait....
>
> No Joshua,
> Ciao,
> Gabriele

I was just making a joke about the word 'Si'.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:

+

>> Paper:

+

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: [Poll] Who will come at PGDay 2008?

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:33:55 -0700 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:28:36 +0200
> Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
> > > I thought this was an Italian conference, oh wait....
> >
> > No Joshua,
> > Ciao,
> > Gabriele
>
> I was just making a joke about the word 'Si'.

So stop joking and start writing your paper ;-)

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group