New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
elein
Date:
I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.

If anyone chooses to sell the pins after receiving them, I strongly
encourage you to donate the proceeds to SPI for Postgres.

People local to me (East Bay Area, CA) can arrange to pick up pins
from me directly.  Others can request that I send them to you.

This means any PUGS, Conferences, individuals, etc, (although
I do not really like to send onesies).  I recommend someone get
some pins for each conference.

Feel free to send me a souvenier, stamps, or something tiny small to amuse
me while I send out pins. :)  Send me email with your address and the
number of pins that you'd like and I'll send you my address.

Elephant Pins are brought to you by Varlena, LLC.

Cheers,

Elein Mustain
Varlena, LLC
elein@varlena.com
(510)637-9106

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
Elein, great!

    I've been doing some confs at Buenos Aires and I always suffer the
no-stuff symptom. One friend o'mine is currently at San Francisco for
a few days more, chances to get a few of these pins? He will bring
them to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I will use them in the next open
source conf.

   If you happen to find this useful, I would appreciate an address
where to pick them up.

Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Guido Barosio

On Jan 30, 2008 11:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
>
> If anyone chooses to sell the pins after receiving them, I strongly
> encourage you to donate the proceeds to SPI for Postgres.
>
> People local to me (East Bay Area, CA) can arrange to pick up pins
> from me directly.  Others can request that I send them to you.
>
> This means any PUGS, Conferences, individuals, etc, (although
> I do not really like to send onesies).  I recommend someone get
> some pins for each conference.
>
> Feel free to send me a souvenier, stamps, or something tiny small to amuse
> me while I send out pins. :)  Send me email with your address and the
> number of pins that you'd like and I'll send you my address.
>
> Elephant Pins are brought to you by Varlena, LLC.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Elein Mustain
> Varlena, LLC
> elein@varlena.com
> (510)637-9106

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guido,

>     I've been doing some confs at Buenos Aires and I always suffer the
> no-stuff symptom. One friend o'mine is currently at San Francisco for
> a few days more, chances to get a few of these pins? He will bring
> them to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I will use them in the next open
> source conf.

Where in SF?  I still have 100 left I can give him if Elein's haven't come in
yet.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
"Dawid Kuroczko"
Date:
On 1/31/08, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.

[...]
> Feel free to send me a souvenier, stamps, or something tiny small to amuse
> me while I send out pins. :)  Send me email with your address and the
> number of pins that you'd like and I'll send you my address.
>
> Elephant Pins are brought to you by Varlena, LLC.

Any chance to get the pins insomewhere Europe?

Love the idea.  Would like to see a picutre of it.

Regards,
    Dawid

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
elein <elein@varlena.com> schrieb:

> I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
>
> If anyone chooses to sell the pins after receiving them, I strongly
> encourage you to donate the proceeds to SPI for Postgres.
>
> People local to me (East Bay Area, CA) can arrange to pick up pins
> from me directly.  Others can request that I send them to you.
>
> This means any PUGS, Conferences, individuals, etc, (although
> I do not really like to send onesies).  I recommend someone get
> some pins for each conference.

Nice. Can someone carry some of this pins to europe, Brussels (FOSDEM)¹?
It would be nice, because the european PG-Group has there a dev-room,
together with the BSD team, and March 1+2 the german PG-Group a booth in
Chemnitz (germany, Linux-Days)²

¹ http://andreas.scherbaum.la/blog/archives/309-FOSDEM-2008-and-election-for-EU-user-group.html
² http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2008/live/detail.html?idx=58 (german)

Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum will be on both events, but he is at the present
time on honeymoon...

Finally there will be an event in Prague³...

³ http://www.dbsvet.cz/view.php?cisloclanku=2008011101

but i don't know how to carry the Pins to Prague, maybe some people from
Prague are in Bruessels, i don't know.

Thx in advance, dear Elein and all others.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:43:47AM -0200, Guido Barosio wrote:
> Elein, great!
>
> I've been doing some confs at Buenos Aires and I always suffer the
> no-stuff symptom.  One friend o'mine is currently at San Francisco
> for a few days more, chances to get a few of these pins?  He will
> bring them to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I will use them in the
> next open source conf.
>
> If you happen to find this useful, I would appreciate an address
> where to pick them up.

If that doesn't work, I can bring you some at FOSDEM :)

Cheers,
David (elephant pin courier, journalist, DB Architect)

Remember to vote!

Date:
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> schrieb:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:43:47AM -0200, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > Elein, great!
> >
> > I've been doing some confs at Buenos Aires and I always suffer the
> > no-stuff symptom.  One friend o'mine is currently at San Francisco
> > for a few days more, chances to get a few of these pins?  He will
> > bring them to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I will use them in the
> > next open source conf.
> >
> > If you happen to find this useful, I would appreciate an address
> > where to pick them up.
>
> If that doesn't work, I can bring you some at FOSDEM :)

Great!

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Jan 30, 2008 5:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.

You are awesome!  Thanks so much, Elein.  Are you coming to OSCON?

JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring them
with me to SCALE.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Date:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:43:47AM -0200, Guido Barosio wrote:
> Elein, great!
>
>     I've been doing some confs at Buenos Aires and I always suffer the
> no-stuff symptom. One friend o'mine is currently at San Francisco for
> a few days more, chances to get a few of these pins? He will bring
> them to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I will use them in the next open
> source conf.
>
>    If you happen to find this useful, I would appreciate an address
> where to pick them up.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Yours,
> Guido Barosio
>
> On Jan 30, 2008 11:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> > I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> > As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
> >
> > If anyone chooses to sell the pins after receiving them, I strongly
> > encourage you to donate the proceeds to SPI for Postgres.
> >
> > People local to me (East Bay Area, CA) can arrange to pick up pins
> > from me directly.  Others can request that I send them to you.
> >
> > This means any PUGS, Conferences, individuals, etc, (although
> > I do not really like to send onesies).  I recommend someone get
> > some pins for each conference.
> >
> > Feel free to send me a souvenier, stamps, or something tiny small to amuse
> > me while I send out pins. :)  Send me email with your address and the
> > number of pins that you'd like and I'll send you my address.
> >
> > Elephant Pins are brought to you by Varlena, LLC.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Elein Mustain
> > Varlena, LLC
> > elein@varlena.com
> > (510)637-9106

> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
> >

> --
> Guido Barosio

The pins are here!  I've emailed Guido separately on to how to
get in touch with me.

--elein
elein@varlena.com

Date:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:03:03PM -0800, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 5:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> > I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> > As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
>
> You are awesome!  Thanks so much, Elein.  Are you coming to OSCON?
>
> JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring them
> with me to SCALE.
>
> -selena
>
> --
> Selena Deckelmann
> PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group
> http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
> http://www.chesnok.com/daily

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

At this time I am planning to go to OSCON since I'm on the program
committee.  But I have no talks or tutorials planned.  I'll just
bring pins and help with the booth.

--elein
elein@varlena.com

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Selena,

>> JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring them
>> with me to SCALE.

You have one bag of pins?  I think I want to get more from Elein.
Elein, I'll try to get my tuchas over to Oakland this week.

--Josh

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
elein
Date:
Attached is a picture of the pin.  It is metal, painted
blue with brass accents.

--e

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:43:47PM -0800, elein wrote:
> I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
>
> If anyone chooses to sell the pins after receiving them, I strongly
> encourage you to donate the proceeds to SPI for Postgres.
>
> People local to me (East Bay Area, CA) can arrange to pick up pins
> from me directly.  Others can request that I send them to you.
>
> This means any PUGS, Conferences, individuals, etc, (although
> I do not really like to send onesies).  I recommend someone get
> some pins for each conference.
>
> Feel free to send me a souvenier, stamps, or something tiny small to amuse
> me while I send out pins. :)  Send me email with your address and the
> number of pins that you'd like and I'll send you my address.
>
> Elephant Pins are brought to you by Varlena, LLC.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Elein Mustain
> Varlena, LLC
> elein@varlena.com
> (510)637-9106

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:18:18 -0800
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Selena,
>
> >> JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring
> >> them with me to SCALE.
>
> You have one bag of pins?  I think I want to get more from Elein.
> Elein, I'll try to get my tuchas over to Oakland this week.

Fetter has some too and he is coming to SCALE.

Joshua D. Drake

Date:
On Jan 30, 2008 9:03 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 5:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> > I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or tomorrow.
> > As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and the pins will be free.
>
> You are awesome!  Thanks so much, Elein.  Are you coming to OSCON?
>
> JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring them
> with me to SCALE.

Ok.  I have no pins :(

Josh, JD -- did either of you get any?

-selena

--

Date:
On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:23:27PM -0800, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 9:03 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > On Jan 30, 2008 5:43 PM, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> > > I have a new shipment of Elephant Pins coming in today or
> > > tomorrow.  As I did before, Varlena, LLC will foot the bill and
> > > the pins will be free.
> >
> > You are awesome!  Thanks so much, Elein.  Are you coming to OSCON?
> >
> > JD -- I still have a bag of pins here in portland.  I will bring
> > them with me to SCALE.
>
> Ok.  I have no pins :(
>
> Josh, JD -- did either of you get any?

I have pins :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: New Shipment of Elephant Pins

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum (by way of Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:02:37 +0100 Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

> Nice. Can someone carry some of this pins to europe, Brussels (FOSDEM)¹?
> It would be nice, because the european PG-Group has there a dev-room,
> together with the BSD team, and March 1+2 the german PG-Group a booth in
> Chemnitz (germany, Linux-Days)²
>

> ¹ http://andreas.scherbaum.la/blog/archives/309-FOSDEM-2008-and-election-for-EU-user-group.html
> ² http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2008/live/detail.html?idx=58 (german)

If someone brings pins to FOSDEM, i can bring them to Chemnitz.

> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum will be on both events, but he is at the present
> time on honeymoon...

Still reading mails, but with some days backlog ;-)

> Finally there will be an event in Prague³...
>
> ³ http://www.dbsvet.cz/view.php?cisloclanku=2008011101
>
> but i don't know how to carry the Pins to Prague, maybe some people from
> Prague are in Bruessels, i don't know.

We could ask Peter Eisentraut, i think, he is there, or?

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group