Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia

From
"Benjamin Scherrey"
Date:
    We're interested in moving forward evangelizing PostgreSQL to SEAsia - primarily Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and are prepared to start translating and distributing (when appropriate) press releases to local media. Would we like to translate the current version release on the website ( http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82.html.en ) into Thai or just do the 8.3 cvs release ( http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.3/en/release.txt )? Thai is quickest for us as it takes a little longer to pass around the Chinese, Malay, and Indonesian versions for proof-reading but we can do those as well. All of these countries have local language technical publications that will be very interested in publishing this content for us.

    Also I notice that all the published press contacts have postgresql.org emails and web sites. How do we get that set up?

    Thanx,

    -- Ben Scherrey

Re: Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Ben,

>     We're interested in moving forward evangelizing PostgreSQL to
> SEAsia -
> primarily Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and are
> prepared to
> start translating and distributing (when appropriate) press releases
> local media. Would we like to translate the current version release
> on the
> website ( http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit82.html.en )
> into
> Thai or just do the 8.3 cvs release (

You should translate the stuff in the cvs folder called "Translate".
 Once I get back to California I can run you through the rest of the
stuff to be a Regional Contact.

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco 415-752-2500

Re: [pgsql-www] Setting up for Press Contacts in SEAsia

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Benjamin,

> +1 on that. I do anticipate that it will be useful to have individual
> email boxes eventually (hopefully because our advocacy is working) and
> will need individuals to handle each nation/language space but a single
> goto for now is perfectly adequate.

OK, you asked for it.

--
--Josh