Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

We really need at least one quote from a *production* PostgreSQL using
company or agency enthusing over one or more of the 8.3 features.  Anyone?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
At myYearbook.com we're very excited about new features in 8.3
including HOT, shared buffer space for Sequential Scans and integrated
tsearch indexing.  We feel that these three new features will increase
response time, lower database maintenance concerns and lower overall
database load.  Preliminary testing with the beta is encouraging and
we're very much looking forward to the production 8.3 release.

Gavin

On 10/22/07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> We really need at least one quote from a *production* PostgreSQL using
> company or agency enthusing over one or more of the 8.3 features.  Anyone?
>
> --
> --Josh
>
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL @ Sun
> San Francisco

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 08:25:11PM -0400, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> At myYearbook.com we're very excited about new features in 8.3
> including HOT, shared buffer space for Sequential Scans and integrated
> tsearch indexing.  We feel that these three new features will increase
> response time, lower database maintenance concerns and lower overall
> database load.  Preliminary testing with the beta is encouraging and
> we're very much looking forward to the production 8.3 release.

"increase response time", isn't that a *bad* thing wrt databases? ;-)

//Magnus

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
Sure, decrease, etc... I meant increase responsiveness. Feel free to shape, mold, etc as needed to make me sound semi-intelligent ;-)

Date:
On Tuesday 23 October 2007 03:13, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Sure, decrease, etc... I meant increase responsiveness. Feel free to shape,
> mold, etc as needed to make me sound semi-intelligent ;-)

Heh.

Thanks ... we can use this!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

So far I have a quote from MyYearBook and one from a Sun exec (we discussed
using Sun for the "corporate endorsement" for 8.2, but the quote didn't
come through in time, and this still seems good).  We can go with just
those two, or add a third one if anyone else is available.

Maybe an EDB customer, considering how much of their code is in this
release?  Or one from the team which developed HOT?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Oct 24, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> So far I have a quote from MyYearBook and one from a Sun exec (we
> discussed
> using Sun for the "corporate endorsement" for 8.2, but the quote
> didn't
> come through in time, and this still seems good).  We can go with just
> those two, or add a third one if anyone else is available.
>
> Maybe an EDB customer, considering how much of their code is in this
> release?  Or one from the team which developed HOT?

Still looking?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jim,

> Still looking?

Depends.  Do you have something really good?  I'd need it in about 24 hours.

--Josh

Re: Looking for 8.3 quotes!

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:59 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Still looking?
>
> Depends.  Do you have something really good?  I'd need it in about
> 24 hours.

I don't think I could come up with something that soon. :( Maybe next
time.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org