Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Chris, others:

Are we doing a booth at OLF?  If so, do you need swag?  We have:

CD's (about 150 left)
Folders (not stuffed)
Large poster
Mini-banner

Let me know, we should ship stuff soon so it can go by slow boat.

--Josh

Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Bill Moran
Date:

> Chris, others:
>
> Are we doing a booth at OLF?  If so, do you need swag?  We have:
>
> CD's (about 150 left)
> Folders (not stuffed)
> Large poster
> Mini-banner
>
> Let me know, we should ship stuff soon so it can go by slow boat.

I've volunteered to man a booth for a period of time, but I haven't
done anything as far as organizing.  I know that booth space will
need to be reserved -- has anyone done this?  Should I step up and
do the legwork?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Chris Browne
Date:
wmoran@potentialtech.com (Bill Moran) writes:

>> Chris, others:
>>
>> Are we doing a booth at OLF?  If so, do you need swag?  We have:
>>
>> CD's (about 150 left)
>> Folders (not stuffed)
>> Large poster
>> Mini-banner
>>
>> Let me know, we should ship stuff soon so it can go by slow boat.
>
> I've volunteered to man a booth for a period of time, but I haven't
> done anything as far as organizing.  I know that booth space will
> need to be reserved -- has anyone done this?  Should I step up and
> do the legwork?

If you're local, then you're an ideal contact on that, and this is
very much the right time for it.  My reaction is: "Yes, surely."

I will *not* be there; I understand Robert Treat put in a proposal for
a talk for there, and they should very shortly be announcing approved
talks, as they have had a month now to look at the proposals.

I will be doing parallel work at the Ontario Linux Fest in
mid-October.  To that end, I prepped pages for both events on the
developer wiki; here's a link to the Ohio one:
  <http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/OHLF>

I would suggest using the wiki page as a place to put planning
details.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxdatabases.info';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/emacs.html

Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bill,

> I've volunteered to man a booth for a period of time, but I haven't
> done anything as far as organizing.  I know that booth space will
> need to be reserved -- has anyone done this?  Should I step up and
> do the legwork?

Yes, and ASAP.   It may already be too late.  And I'd like to ship stuff
this week if I'm shipping at all.

I do have another volunteer for you for the booth: Phillip Jaenke ("ket" on
#postgresql).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Date:
josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) writes:
>> I've volunteered to man a booth for a period of time, but I haven't
>> done anything as far as organizing.  I know that booth space will
>> need to be reserved -- has anyone done this?  Should I step up and
>> do the legwork?
>
> Yes, and ASAP.   It may already be too late.  And I'd like to ship stuff
> this week if I'm shipping at all.
>
> I do have another volunteer for you for the booth: Phillip Jaenke ("ket" on
> #postgresql).

Similar perspective: Whatever you can send me would be useful too.
(You can ship to me at Afilias Toronto's office...)

There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
deploy swag via LUG resources :-).
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/unix.html

Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Josh Williams
Date:
On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:47 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
> booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
> deploy swag via LUG resources :-).

Actually we do have one now.  Ohio LinuxFest just now called to confirm,
so we'll at least have a .org booth.  (Just in case, any desire to up
that level to something else?)

Don't mean to step on your toes, Bill, if you were trying to organize.
I dropped a quick request in a little bit back just to make sure we were
covered. :)

We'll be one of only a few software projects there this year,
interestingly enough, and among those possibly the only one under the
BSD license.  Evidently most of the other requests have been from user
groups, at least so far...

- Josh

Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Thursday 30 August 2007 20:06, Josh Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:47 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> > There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
> > booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
> > deploy swag via LUG resources :-).
>
> Actually we do have one now.  Ohio LinuxFest just now called to confirm,
> so we'll at least have a .org booth.  (Just in case, any desire to up
> that level to something else?)

Does bumping up a level get us anything?  One thing that would be nice is
power in the booth, any chance we get that?

> Don't mean to step on your toes, Bill, if you were trying to organize.
> I dropped a quick request in a little bit back just to make sure we were
> covered. :)
>
> We'll be one of only a few software projects there this year,
> interestingly enough, and among those possibly the only one under the
> BSD license.  Evidently most of the other requests have been from user
> groups, at least so far...

The next step is getting a mailing address, so we can ship some swag. I'd
think we'd want to get some flyers, cds, and maybe some pins?  I think I can
arrange for a couple books. Anything else we can spare?

--
Robert Treat

Date:

> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:47 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> > There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
> > booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
> > deploy swag via LUG resources :-).
>
> Actually we do have one now.  Ohio LinuxFest just now called to confirm,
> so we'll at least have a .org booth.  (Just in case, any desire to up
> that level to something else?)
>
> Don't mean to step on your toes, Bill, if you were trying to organize.
> I dropped a quick request in a little bit back just to make sure we were
> covered. :)

No complaints from me ... I'm having an awful time staying on top of
this and other things, so I'm overjoyed to hear that you have it
covered.

> We'll be one of only a few software projects there this year,
> interestingly enough, and among those possibly the only one under the
> BSD license.  Evidently most of the other requests have been from user
> groups, at least so far...

Huh.  Gnome had a booth last year, and I believe NetBSD did.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Date:

> On Thursday 30 August 2007 20:06, Josh Williams wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:47 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> > > There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
> > > booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
> > > deploy swag via LUG resources :-).
> >
> > Actually we do have one now.  Ohio LinuxFest just now called to confirm,
> > so we'll at least have a .org booth.  (Just in case, any desire to up
> > that level to something else?)
>
> Does bumping up a level get us anything?  One thing that would be nice is
> power in the booth, any chance we get that?

I don't remember anyone having a booth without power last year, so I'd
be surprised if we needed to do anything extra to get power.

[snip]

> The next step is getting a mailing address, so we can ship some swag. I'd
> think we'd want to get some flyers, cds, and maybe some pins?  I think I can
> arrange for a couple books. Anything else we can spare?

If you can't get an address to ship straight to Columbus, you can ship
it to me and I'll drive out with it (it's about 3 hours from Pittsburgh,
so I'm driving anyway)

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com