Advocacy wiki asap?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

I really, really need to get some planning pages up in the PostgreSQL sphere
about OSCON and LWE and other events.  However, both techdocs and my personal
site are suffering from fatal cms bugs which prevent me from using them
within the next couple days.

Can we set up an advocacy wiki, or something, which we can use for this sort
of thing very quickly?  Or would this be approprate for part of the developer
wiki?

I'm willing to use whatever we can get operating in the next 24 hours and
isn't based on CVS.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Advocacy wiki asap?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> I really, really need to get some planning pages up in the PostgreSQL sphere
> about OSCON and LWE and other events.  However, both techdocs and my personal
> site are suffering from fatal cms bugs which prevent me from using them
> within the next couple days.
>
> Can we set up an advocacy wiki, or something, which we can use for this sort
> of thing very quickly?  Or would this be approprate for part of the developer
> wiki?
>
> I'm willing to use whatever we can get operating in the next 24 hours and
> isn't based on CVS.

I would just use the developer wiki, just create a new section. No need
for yet another place.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Advocacy wiki asap?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I really, really need to get some planning pages up in the PostgreSQL
>> sphere about OSCON and LWE and other events.  However, both techdocs
>> and my personal site are suffering from fatal cms bugs which prevent
>> me from using them within the next couple days.
>>
>> Can we set up an advocacy wiki, or something, which we can use for
>> this sort of thing very quickly?  Or would this be approprate for part
>> of the developer wiki?
>>
>> I'm willing to use whatever we can get operating in the next 24 hours
>> and isn't based on CVS.
>
> I would just use the developer wiki, just create a new section. No need
> for yet another place.

Wow. I find myself agreeing with JD on a -advocacy/-www crossover
matter. I guess there's a first time for everything :-)

Anyway, my take is also developer wiki. *especially* if it may just be
temporary, but I don't see a problem if it's permanent either. Just
consider it a "wiki for the pg development group", which certainly
includes the -advocacy folks. (The distinction being it's still not for
the general end user)

//Magnus

Re: Advocacy wiki asap?

From
Dave Page
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Wow. I find myself agreeing with JD on a -advocacy/-www crossover
> matter. I guess there's a first time for everything :-)

+1 :-)

> Anyway, my take is also developer wiki. *especially* if it may just be
> temporary, but I don't see a problem if it's permanent either. Just
> consider it a "wiki for the pg development group", which certainly
> includes the -advocacy folks. (The distinction being it's still not for
> the general end user)

Also agreed.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Advocacy wiki asap?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Wow. I find myself agreeing with JD on a -advocacy/-www crossover
>> matter. I guess there's a first time for everything :-)
>
> +1 :-)

O.k. hold on. You are not allowed to both agree with me. I am changing
my suggestion to use a new wiki.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/