Folder design

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

I am thinking that we will just do a simple folder with our standard
elephant and our PostgreSQL.Org name. Maybe the:

PostgreSQL, The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database

Under the elephant.

Within the folder I want to have a couple of tab sheets:

General Information
Training
Consulting and Support
After Market Solutions

Is there any subjects I am missing?

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Folder design

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> After Market Solutions

What's an after market solution?  The guys who sweep up all the trade slips?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Folder design

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> After Market Solutions
>
> What's an after market solution?  The guys who sweep up all the trade slips?

Heh, I was thinking people like Hyperic.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Folder design

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Is there any subjects I am missing?

Developer gift lists

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
Management by consensus: I have decided; you concede.

Re: Folder design

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Is there any subjects I am missing?
>
> Developer gift lists

Heh... links to Amazon Wish Lists perhaps?

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Folder design

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >>Is there any subjects I am missing?
> >
> >Developer gift lists
> >
> Heh... links to Amazon Wish Lists perhaps?

Yeah, something like that.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"El realista sabe lo que quiere; el idealista quiere lo que sabe" (Anónimo)

Re: Folder design

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Heh, I was thinking people like Hyperic.

Let's do "ISVs"; that would cover both Hyperic and Greenplum.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Folder design

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> Heh, I was thinking people like Hyperic.
>
> Let's do "ISVs"; that would cover both Hyperic and Greenplum.

Nod.

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Folder design

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am thinking that we will just do a simple folder with our standard
> elephant and our PostgreSQL.Org name. Maybe the:
I'm thinking that vendors that are in the folder should chip in for the
costs.  I've done these before (and there is a *lot* of real estate on a
folder) and they generally cost around $1 apiece (keep in mind this is
full color, and printing can go on both inside flaps, the back and the
front).

Additionally, I think there's a good way to go if vendors chip in...
    - Vendors can have their logo on the inside right flap of the
folder, so that they get something for their money ;-) along with some
snazzy graphic indicating that it's the "vendor" side.
    - Inside left flap can be PG specific stuff...
    - PG has a dolphin free zone (I know....we don't compete yadda
yadda) in back that can be used for whatever....
    - Nice fat elephant on the front.  Perhaps the graphic from the
PGDay T-Shirt can be used...it was kinda sharp.

And we could let vendors know the quantity of folders that we make (1000
first run?), so they know how many flyers to print...

Chander

> PostgreSQL, The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database
>
> Under the elephant.
>
> Within the folder I want to have a couple of tab sheets:
>
> General Information
> Training
> Consulting and Support
> After Market Solutions
>
> Is there any subjects I am missing?
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
>
>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>              http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
http://www.otg-nc.com

Re: Folder design

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am thinking that we will just do a simple folder with our standard
>> elephant and our PostgreSQL.Org name. Maybe the:
> I'm thinking that vendors that are in the folder should chip in for the
> costs.  I've done these before (and there is a *lot* of real estate on a
> folder) and they generally cost around $1 apiece (keep in mind this is
> full color, and printing can go on both inside flaps, the back and the
> front).
>
> Additionally, I think there's a good way to go if vendors chip in...
>    - Vendors can have their logo on the inside right flap of the folder,
> so that they get something for their money ;-) along with some snazzy
> graphic indicating that it's the "vendor" side.

Actually that is pretty interesting.

>    - Inside left flap can be PG specific stuff...
>    - PG has a dolphin free zone (I know....we don't compete yadda yadda)
> in back that can be used for whatever....

>    - Nice fat elephant on the front.  Perhaps the graphic from the PGDay
> T-Shirt can be used...it was kinda sharp.

Yeah that is what I was thinking.

> And we could let vendors know the quantity of folders that we make (1000
> first run?), so they know how many flyers to print...

Yes we are going to print 1000 first run. That should easily get us
through OSCON, LWE and possibly FOSSCON.

Joshua D. Drake

> Chander
>>
>> PostgreSQL, The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database
>>
>> Under the elephant.
>>
>> Within the folder I want to have a couple of tab sheets:
>>
>> General Information
>> Training
>> Consulting and Support
>> After Market Solutions
>>
>> Is there any subjects I am missing?
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

>> --
>>
>>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
>> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
>> Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>>              http://www.commandprompt.com/
>>
>> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
>> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

>> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>>       subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>>       message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Folder design

From
"Gabriele Bartolini"
Date:
Hi Joshua,

   here is the look of the Italian PGDay folder. We got 200 pieces:
http://www.pgday.it/files/pgday_folder.pdf

   If you need, I can try and get the original project.

Ciao,
Gabriele

2007/6/13, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I am thinking that we will just do a simple folder with our standard
> elephant and our PostgreSQL.Org name. Maybe the:
>
> PostgreSQL, The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database
>
> Under the elephant.
>
> Within the folder I want to have a couple of tab sheets:
>
> General Information
> Training
> Consulting and Support
> After Market Solutions
>
> Is there any subjects I am missing?
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
>
>        === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>               http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

Re: Folder design

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
On 6/12/2007 8:12 PM Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
>> Heh, I was thinking people like Hyperic.
>
> Let's do "ISVs"; that would cover both Hyperic and Greenplum.

And OpenMFG :)