PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need booth
bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:

David Fetter
Joshua D. Drake
Josh Berkus

I would like to see at least 5 more if we can. Please note that OSCON is
the first time that we are going to try and do this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2007-06/msg00007.php

Information on the PostgreSQL Party can be found here:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/joshua/index.php?/archives/18-PostgreSQL-Party!-July-22-OSCON-in-Portland.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:23:54AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need booth
> bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:

I have to send regrets; I have a conflicting conference that week.
(Have fun!)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need booth
> bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:

   Chris Travers
> David Fetter
> Joshua D. Drake
> Josh Berkus

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need
>> booth bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:
>>

>   Chris Travers
>> David Fetter
>> Joshua D. Drake
>> Josh Berkus
>>

> Joshua D. Drake

I'm hoping to attend, but don't know yet.  If I come, I'll hang out in
the booth as much as possible...

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need booth
> bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:
>
> David Fetter
> Joshua D. Drake
> Josh Berkus

If your country is kind enough to grant me the visa this time, I might
show up.

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I'll be there

On Monday 4 June 2007 14:32, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need booth
> > bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:
> >

> > Chris Travers
> > David Fetter
> > Joshua D. Drake
> > Josh Berkus

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

Hmmm, as a warning: "Booth Bunnies" has a dual meaning, one of which is
rather derogatory towards female members of our community.  I got shot
in the foot by this one already; you should maybe use a different term.

--Josh

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Lukas Kahwe Smith
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Hmmm, as a warning: "Booth Bunnies" has a dual meaning, one of which is
> rather derogatory towards female members of our community.  I got shot
> in the foot by this one already; you should maybe use a different term.

Well I agree that its unfortunate to slip into language like this, but I
think even most female hackers would agree that "booth bunnies" are the
kind of people you hire to stand at your booth just for looks but with
no actual know how of the given product. These could just as well be
good looking men for products that could benefit from having good
looking guys around their booth.

regards,
Lukas

Date:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:13:29PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> kind of people you hire to stand at your booth just for looks but with
> no actual know how of the given product. These could just as well be

I will not speak for anyone else, but having taken booth duty at
OSCON in the past, I can at least confirm that some of us have
neither good looks nor any knowledge to recommend us as decorations
for the booth :)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
        --H.W. Fowler

Date:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:13:29PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>> kind of people you hire to stand at your booth just for looks but with
>> no actual know how of the given product. These could just as well be
>
> I will not speak for anyone else, but having taken booth duty at
> OSCON in the past, I can at least confirm that some of us have
> neither good looks nor any knowledge to recommend us as decorations
> for the booth :)

Which implies, in case I did not clearly imply this already, that the
entire "booth bunny" is just an "in-joke" if in the end you just put
geeks there instead of fashionable people that know nothing about
PostgreSQL.

regards,
Lukas

Date:
Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Josh,
>>
>> Hmmm, as a warning: "Booth Bunnies" has a dual meaning, one of which
>> is rather derogatory towards female members of our community.  I got
>> shot in the foot by this one already; you should maybe use a different
>> term.

Uhmmm... I think we need to step back off the politically correct train
a moment. Anyone, who is reading this list, knows *exactly* what I
meant. If they don't they are more than capable of emailing me directly
and asking me what I meant.

Booth Bunnies is a very common term.

I think maybe you have been talking to Sun's HR department a little too
much ;)

Joshua D. Drake

> Well I agree that its unfortunate to slip into language like this, but I
> think even most female hackers would agree that "booth bunnies" are the
> kind of people you hire to stand at your booth just for looks but with
> no actual know how of the given product. These could just as well be
> good looking men for products that could benefit from having good
> looking guys around their booth.
>
> regards,
> Lukas

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Date:
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>        match

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On Jun 4, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need
> booth bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:

Count me in, but you'll have to supply the bunny suit. :P

Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need
>> booth bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:
>
> Count me in, but you'll have to supply the bunny suit. :P

You are about 6.5 aren't you? You want green or pink?

;)

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Jim Nasby                                            jim@nasby.net
> EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Dave Page
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jim Nasby wrote:
>> On Jun 4, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> OSCON is July 23-27th. The PostgreSQL Party is July 22nd. We need
>>> booth bunnies for the 25th and 26th. Current known attendees are:
>>
>> Count me in, but you'll have to supply the bunny suit. :P
>
> You are about 6.5 aren't you? You want green or pink?

You get green bunnies over there?

/D

Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Jim Nasby wrote:
>>> Count me in, but you'll have to supply the bunny suit. :P
>> You are about 6.5 aren't you? You want green or pink?
>
> You get green bunnies over there?

It's all the moss ;)

Joshua D. Drake

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> >Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>You are about 6.5 aren't you? You want green or pink?
> >
> >You get green bunnies over there?
>
> It's all the moss ;)

I assume the pink ones are because of cranberries or something.

Weird bunnies anyway.  Most of what I've seen are probably living on
snow or smoke.

FWIW I would prefer an elephant suit in any case -- not Bruce's one with
the tutu though.

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Bill Moran
Date:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Dave Page wrote:
> > >
> > >You get green bunnies over there?
> >
> > It's all the moss ;)
>
> I assume the pink ones are because of cranberries or something.
>
> Weird bunnies anyway.  Most of what I've seen are probably living on
> snow or smoke.

http://killerbunnies.com/

Great game, BTW.  If you're in to that kind of thing ...

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
"Dave Page"

Oh, now there's an image I could have done without - Alvaro in a tutu :-S

/D

Re: PostgreSQL OSCON Booth Bunnies needed

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> I think maybe you have been talking to Sun's HR department a little too
> much ;)

Actually, no.  I used the term "booth bunnies" last year, and a few
members of the PostgreSQL community were offended.  So I'm speaking from
experience.

--Josh Berkus