PostgreSQL t-shirts for EU groups

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi guys,

   I have been talking a bit today with Susanne on the European IRC
channel about printing generic PostgreSQL t-shirts to be given / sold by
European groups during PostgreSQL meetings/conferences/events. These
shirts will be on black or blue shirts (good quality) with the
PostgreSQL logo and written.

   Unless we find a sponsor that is willing to pay for 500 t-shirts
(this is the initial amount we may think of producing), I suggest that
every group is responsible for financing each part. The Italian group
can take the responsibility to produce them for everyone.

   I was thinking of getting 100 shirts for the Italian group out of the
500. I believe the German group is able to pay for 100 shirts, and I
hope the French one is able to get another 100 shirts. This way, we will
only have to find buyers for the remaining 200 shirts.

   The cost for 500 t-shirts is approximately 3.2 euro each plus taxes
(20%).

   Please let me know. Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele

P.S.: I was wondering though, if the PostgreSQL fundraising group can
help us - even partly - with this initiative.

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Re: PostgreSQL t-shirts for EU groups

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Gabrielle,

> P.S.: I was wondering though, if the PostgreSQL fundraising group can
> help us - even partly - with this initiative.

I, personally, think we should.  Too bad it's not practical to do a
unified printing and ship 100-200 shirts to the US.  :-(

Now the tough question with the shirts: the design ...

--Josh Berkus

Re: PostgreSQL t-shirts for EU groups

From
Lukas Kahwe Smith
Date:
Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

>   The cost for 500 t-shirts is approximately 3.2 euro each plus taxes
> (20%).

Generally I think you should not skip quality to keep the price low. I
hate it when the "print" starts falling apart after 1 year (often even
earlier with these cheap prints on cheap shirts).

regards,
Lukas

Re: PostgreSQL t-shirts for EU groups

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi Josh,
> I, personally, think we should.  Too bad it's not practical to do a
> unified printing and ship 100-200 shirts to the US.  :-(
Unless ... you put them in your suitcase when you return to the US after
the PGDay. :)
> Now the tough question with the shirts: the design ...
I can ask the designer to come up with some ideas. Any preference? I was
thinking of simply using the official logo and the elephant from here:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089

The price is for one single side (front/back) print, two colours on a
145 grams t-shirt. An 150 grams t-shirt print for 500 items is 4.85 euro
each (plus GST/VAT).

Ciao,
Gabriele