Re: [OT] PHP vs Postgresql argument on Slashdot's front page.

From
Chris Browne
Date:
"Karen Hill" <karen_hill22@yahoo.com> writes:
> Looks like the PHP vs Postgresql argument is on slashdot.org's front
> page.  Just giving everyone a heads up so they can go and defend
> postgresql.

It looks like a discussion thread that doesn't require that much
"defending" be done...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "linuxdatabases.info")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/nonrdbms.html

Re: [OT] PHP vs Postgresql argument on

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 14:29 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> "Karen Hill" <karen_hill22@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Looks like the PHP vs Postgresql argument is on slashdot.org's front
> > page.  Just giving everyone a heads up so they can go and defend
> > postgresql.
>
> It looks like a discussion thread that doesn't require that much
> "defending" be done...

Sure, but it wasn't PostgreSQL that needed defending, Ramsus was
defending himself.

I wasn't at the conference, but he claims he was horribly
misrepresented.

At this point I think it's just a case of sensationalistic journalism.
That doesn't mean it won't hurt PostgreSQL a little though.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis