and now some negatives about Linuxworld

From
mdean
Date:
1. OpenGroupware was no longer present - they have lost the guy who was
doing it.
2.. Here is a letter I received from Solid. Why can't postgresql capture
every email of everyone who stops and talks. "just put your name and
address inour database and you will receive this full working CD!! etc.
Why can't follow up plans be made for the myriad of shows postgresql
goes to. Knowledge is Power.

Dear  Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Solid Information Technology (Solid™) during LinuxWorld in San Francisco, August
15-17th.We appreciate your interest and hope that you found the information gained from spending time with us to be
informativeand helpful.

As a provider of the only fast, carrier-grade database that is affordable, Solid has more than 3,000,000 Solid
databasesdeployed worldwide in telecommunications networks, enterprise applications and embedded software. Market
leaderssuch as Alcatel, Cisco, EMC2, HP, NEC, Nokia and Siemens use Solid to experience faster time-to-results and
dramaticallylower total cost of ownership.

If you want to reduce your application development and deployment expenses by 50% or more and deliver high-quality
servicesfaster while using fewer resources, then I would like to discuss how Solid can help you make this happen with
yourdata management platform.

I look forward to the opportunity of speaking with you soon. In the mean time, visit our website www.solidtech.com to
learnmore about our technology and products or feel free to call me directly. You may also evaluate the full Solid
platformavailable at www.solidtech.com/en/developers/carriergrade/product.asp.  Likewise, a Beta release of solidDB for
MySQLis downloadable from http://dev.soliddb.com/download and http://forge.mysql.com.  General availability is expected
inthe fourth quarter of 2006.  For more information, please visit http://dev.soliddb.com.

Lee F. Perkins
Sales Consultant, The Americas
Solid Information Technology
20400 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 200
Cupertino, CA 95014
Office: 408.454.4700, x209
Fax: 408.454.4900
lee.perkins@solidtech.com
www.solidtech.com

Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld

From
Peter Eisentraut
mdean wrote:
> 2.. Here is a letter I received from Solid. Why can't postgresql
> capture every email of everyone who stops and talks.

Because one of the ideals underlying open-source software is to not only
respect but enhance people's privacy and desire to be left alone.

> "just put your
> name and address inour database and you will receive this full
> working CD!! etc.

And I don't see where the staff to do that would be anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Michael,

> 2.. Here is a letter I received from Solid. Why can't postgresql capture
> every email of everyone who stops and talks. "just put your name and
> address inour database and you will receive this full working CD!! etc.
> Why can't follow up plans be made for the myriad of shows postgresql
> goes to. Knowledge is Power.

And what would we do with this information, exactly?

I used to collect name/address at shows, but never did anything with it, so
I stopped doing it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld

From
Paul Ramsey
Date:
You have your inside sales team re-contact them all, rack up big
sales, move some units, close some monster accounts, really blow out
the quarterly numbers, and ... hmm ... wait a minute ... :)

P.