Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

and now some negatives about Linuxworld  (mdean, )
 Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld  (Peter Eisentraut, )
 Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: and now some negatives about Linuxworld  (Paul Ramsey, )

mdean wrote:
> 2.. Here is a letter I received from Solid. Why can't postgresql
> capture every email of everyone who stops and talks.

Because one of the ideals underlying open-source software is to not only
respect but enhance people's privacy and desire to be left alone.

> "just put your
> name and address inour database and you will receive this full
> working CD!! etc.

And I don't see where the staff to do that would be anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut