Middle East Postgresql User Group.

From
"Rajesh Sharma"
Date:
Hi,
After discussion on #irc I'm very much excited in forming a Postgresql User Group for the Middle East, United Arab Emirates to be precise, in Dubai.
Please provide me with neccessary information, as to how do I proceed in this matter?

regards,

Rajesh Sharma.

Re: Middle East Postgresql User Group.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Rajesh,

> After discussion on #irc I'm very much excited in forming a Postgresql User
> Group for the Middle East, United Arab Emirates to be precise, in Dubai.
> Please provide me with neccessary information, as to how do I proceed in
> this matter?

Hmmm ... do you think there are enough people in your area that could attend
an actual meeting?   UGs are generally for groups that meet in person --
usually on a per-city basis.  Larger, more regional groups tend to form other
ways: generally around a translation/nationalization of PostgreSQL.  How many
PG users are there in Dubai?

Were I you, I might consider joining the Arabic nationalization team for
PostgreSQL (which currently consists of one person), and publicizing it to
recruit for other users.  If there turn out to be a bunch of users in
Southern Arabia, you're off to a running start.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Middle East Postgresql User Group.

From
"Rajesh Sharma"
Date:
I still haven't got any response as to how do I go about forming a group and awareness of PostgreSQL in the Middle East region, Dubai to be specific.

Rajesh Sharma.

Being here I was not aware about this "Arabic Nationalization Team for Postgresql".
You have any contact details wherein I can contact that one person?

--
Rajesh.

On 3/1/06, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Rajesh,

> After discussion on #irc I'm very much excited in forming a Postgresql User
> Group for the Middle East, United Arab Emirates to be precise, in Dubai.
> Please provide me with neccessary information, as to how do I proceed in
> this matter?

Hmmm ... do you think there are enough people in your area that could attend
an actual meeting?   UGs are generally for groups that meet in person --
usually on a per-city basis.  Larger, more regional groups tend to form other
ways: generally around a translation/nationalization of PostgreSQL.  How many
PG users are there in Dubai?

Were I you, I might consider joining the Arabic nationalization team for
PostgreSQL (which currently consists of one person), and publicizing it to
recruit for other users.  If there turn out to be a bunch of users in
Southern Arabia, you're off to a running start.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Middle East Postgresql User Group.

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
I wonder if these guys could help:

http://www.arabeyes.org/

Also, the guys I know from #postgresql who works on the arabic
translation of phpPgAdmin might be interested.  He's in Saudi, however:

zaki@star2000.net (Zaki Almuallim)

Chris

Rajesh Sharma wrote:
> I still haven't got any response as to how do I go about forming a group
> and awareness of PostgreSQL in the Middle East region, Dubai to be specific.
>
> Rajesh Sharma.
>

> On 3/1/06, *Rajesh Sharma* <luckysharma@gmail.com
> <mailto:luckysharma@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Josh,
>     Being here I was not aware about this "Arabic Nationalization Team
>     for Postgresql".
>     You have any contact details wherein I can contact that one person?
>
>     --
>     Rajesh.
>

>     On 3/1/06, *Josh Berkus* <josh@agliodbs.com
>     <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>
>         Rajesh,
>
>         >  After discussion on #irc I'm very much excited in forming a
>         Postgresql User
>         >  Group for the Middle East, United Arab Emirates to be precise,
>         in Dubai.
>         >  Please provide me with neccessary information, as to how do I
>         proceed in
>         >  this matter?
>
>         Hmmm ... do you think there are enough people in your area that
>         could attend
>         an actual meeting?   UGs are generally for groups that meet in
>         person --
>         usually on a per-city basis.  Larger, more regional groups tend
>         to form other
>         ways: generally around a translation/nationalization of
>         PostgreSQL.  How many
>         PG users are there in Dubai?
>
>         Were I you, I might consider joining the Arabic nationalization
>         team for
>         PostgreSQL (which currently consists of one person), and
>         publicizing it to
>         recruit for other users.  If there turn out to be a bunch of
>         users in
>         Southern Arabia, you're off to a running start.
>
>         --
>         Josh Berkus
>         Aglio Database Solutions
>         San Francisco

Re: Middle East Postgresql User Group.

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Rajesh,

> I still haven't got any response as to how do I go about forming a group
> and awareness of PostgreSQL in the Middle East region, Dubai to be
> specific.

Sorry, here's Samer, or previous (only) Arabic translator:  abukhait@gmail.com

Please contact him, and the Saudi mentioned by Chris, and figure out something
that works for you as a "regional group".   Perhaps I should set up an
Arabic-language mailing list for you?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions