Re: Middle East Postgresql User Group. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Middle East Postgresql User Group.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rajesh,

> After discussion on #irc I'm very much excited in forming a Postgresql User
> Group for the Middle East, United Arab Emirates to be precise, in Dubai.
> Please provide me with neccessary information, as to how do I proceed in
> this matter?

Hmmm ... do you think there are enough people in your area that could attend
an actual meeting?   UGs are generally for groups that meet in person --
usually on a per-city basis.  Larger, more regional groups tend to form other
ways: generally around a translation/nationalization of PostgreSQL.  How many
PG users are there in Dubai?

Were I you, I might consider joining the Arabic nationalization team for
PostgreSQL (which currently consists of one person), and publicizing it to
recruit for other users.  If there turn out to be a bunch of users in
Southern Arabia, you're off to a running start.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions