Help! Live CDs?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

We need a new PostgreSQL Live CD for LWE-Syd and LWE-Boston.  It should be
based on 8.1.3.  Also, it should use some good eye-pleasing distro of
Linux or BSD or something (and not, for example, something fvsm-based).

Who knows how to generate one of these?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
"Satoshi Nagayasu"
Date:
Josh,

I have some experiences on building PostgreSQL Live CD using KNOPPIX.
Follow the old thread.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2004-01/msg00331.php

If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
On Friday 24 February 2006 19:47, Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> Josh,
>
> I have some experiences on building PostgreSQL Live CD using KNOPPIX.

I'm glad somebody is stepping up to do this. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to rework the ISO for a new
versionwithin the required time (7-10 dys). But feel free to contact me if you have any questions on how I created the
originalpg_live.

cheers

Robert Bernier

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
"Satoshi Nagayasu"
Date:
Folks,

I've launched the PostgreSQL LiveCD project on the pgfoundry.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/livecd/

Please check it out and join it if you're interested in.

And if you have any buildkit other than knoppix, please join as a developer.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Satoshi,

Hey, do we have any progress on getting PostgreSQL LiveCD ISOs?   I have an
opportunity to distribute them free at JavaOne next week, but I need
something by this weekend.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Satoshi,
>
> Hey, do we have any progress on getting PostgreSQL LiveCD ISOs?   I have an
> opportunity to distribute them free at JavaOne next week, but I need
> something by this weekend.

We also need them for OSCON and LWW.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:18:39PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >Satoshi,
> >
> >Hey, do we have any progress on getting PostgreSQL LiveCD ISOs?   I have
> >an opportunity to distribute them free at JavaOne next week, but I need
> >something by this weekend.
>
> We also need them for OSCON and LWW.

If someone gets us the ISO and graphics we can produce the OSCON and LWW
CDs.

Re: Help! Live CDs?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:18:39PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Satoshi,
>>>
>>> Hey, do we have any progress on getting PostgreSQL LiveCD ISOs?   I have
>>> an opportunity to distribute them free at JavaOne next week, but I need
>>> something by this weekend.
>> We also need them for OSCON and LWW.
>
> If someone gets us the ISO and graphics we can produce the OSCON and LWW
> CDs.

The iso is the problem not getting them pressed :) But that is good to
know because I think we will need more then usual with all the upcoming
shows.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/