.ORG pavillions: Boston, San Francisco -- dealine looms!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Based on prior attendance, the nice people at IDG have invited
PostgreSQL to have a booth at both Boston and San Francisco.

I know I can get together a booth in San Francisco; I don't know if
anyone can do the same for Boston.  If someone does do a booth in
Boston, I will go to help staff it.

The other question, of course, is that I know we will have a number of
PostgreSQL-sponsoring companies at both shows.  While I don't want to
split people's attention at the shows, we found out at LWE-SF last year
that being a "pod" in somebody else's booth ... even a PostgreSQL
Company like eDB ... significantly cut down on our traffic.   So I'd
like to coordinate stuff with eDB, CMD, SRA and Sun to make sure that we
are neigher streching ourselves thin nor limiting our opportunities.

Please respond quickly; deadline is February 17th.

--Josh Berkus

Re: .ORG pavillions: Boston, San Francisco -- dealine

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
> The other question, of course, is that I know we will have a number of
> PostgreSQL-sponsoring companies at both shows.  While I don't want to
> split people's attention at the shows, we found out at LWE-SF last year
> that being a "pod" in somebody else's booth ... even a PostgreSQL
> Company like eDB ... significantly cut down on our traffic.   So I'd
> like to coordinate stuff with eDB, CMD, SRA and Sun to make sure that we
> are neigher streching ourselves thin nor limiting our opportunities.
>
> Please respond quickly; deadline is February 17th.

CMD will be part of the PostgreSQL booth. We do not see a benefit in
taking traffic from the PostgreSQL.Org booth. As always we are happy
to help in anyway that we can.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: .ORG pavillions: Boston, San Francisco -- dealine

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:15:08AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >The other question, of course, is that I know we will have a number of
> >PostgreSQL-sponsoring companies at both shows.  While I don't want to
> >split people's attention at the shows, we found out at LWE-SF last year
> >that being a "pod" in somebody else's booth ... even a PostgreSQL
> >Company like eDB ... significantly cut down on our traffic.   So I'd
> >like to coordinate stuff with eDB, CMD, SRA and Sun to make sure that we
> >are neigher streching ourselves thin nor limiting our opportunities.
> >
> >Please respond quickly; deadline is February 17th.
>
> CMD will be part of the PostgreSQL booth. We do not see a benefit in
> taking traffic from the PostgreSQL.Org booth. As always we are happy
> to help in anyway that we can.

Pervasive has been wanting to talk to someone about a booth for some
time now:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2005-11/msg00156.php

I'm not sure if Steve ever managed to get his posts out to the list or
not.

Date:
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:15:08AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> The other question, of course, is that I know we will have a number of
>>> PostgreSQL-sponsoring companies at both shows.  While I don't want to
>>> split people's attention at the shows, we found out at LWE-SF last year
>>> that being a "pod" in somebody else's booth ... even a PostgreSQL
>>> Company like eDB ... significantly cut down on our traffic.   So I'd
>>> like to coordinate stuff with eDB, CMD, SRA and Sun to make sure that we
>>> are neigher streching ourselves thin nor limiting our opportunities.
>>>
>>> Please respond quickly; deadline is February 17th.
>> CMD will be part of the PostgreSQL booth. We do not see a benefit in
>> taking traffic from the PostgreSQL.Org booth. As always we are happy
>> to help in anyway that we can.
>
> Pervasive has been wanting to talk to someone about a booth for some
> time now:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2005-11/msg00156.php

Well Steve is welcome to contact me directly :)