Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

PHP Quebec just sent me this asking me to find them some speakers to talk
about PostgreSQL and PHP.   If you're in Eastern Canada, please consider
speaking:

---------------------
The PHP Québec is pleased to announce the 2006 PHP Québec conference, which
will be held between March, 29th and 31th 2006. We are looking for the best
speakers, willing to share their experience and skills with professional
PHP developers from eastern Canada and USA. PHP Québec 2006 features 3
distinct tracks:

* Technical PHP, covering in deep details of PHP techniques.
* Professional Development, featuring tools and development methodologies
increase productivity.
* Databases, covers different databases that can be used with PHP.

Sessions will be held in French or English. For more information, see the
PHP
Québec website.

http://conf.phpquebec.com/en/conf2006/appel/

Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
On Wednesday 19 October 2005 18:59, Josh Berkus wrote:
> PHP Quebec just sent me this asking me to find them some speakers to talk
> about PostgreSQL and PHP.   If you're in Eastern Canada, please consider
> speaking:

I live 1.5hr from Montreal

Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> I live 1.5hr from Montreal

So?  Submit a paper!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Date:
On Wednesday 19 October 2005 19:48, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I live 1.5hr from Montreal
>
> So?  Submit a paper!

okay okay :-)

I'll keep you posted.

A special message to Dave Cramer and Marc Fournier: come on you guys I know you two can attend if you want to.

Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Robert Bernier wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 19:48, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>>> I live 1.5hr from Montreal
>>
>> So?  Submit a paper!
>

> okay okay :-)
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> A special message to Dave Cramer and Marc Fournier: come on you guys I
> know you two can attend if you want to.

I suffer from SAD (Severe Anxiety Disorder) ... were I to stand in front
of a group of ppl and try and give a talk, I *literally* fall apart :(
I'd *love* to do it, I'm just physically a mess when I'm in front of a
group like that ... and ya, there are drugs I can take, but the side
effects are worse then the problem in the first place ... tried it once.

If we were doing a booth, I'd be there for that mind you, since I love to
talk *with* ppl, just not good at talking *at* them :(

----

Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
Bernard Clement
Date:
Hum! well I live in Montreal...but I do not think I am ready to make a speech.

However, I will attend the conference.

Bernard

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 18:59, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> PHP Quebec just sent me this asking me to find them some speakers to talk
> about PostgreSQL and PHP.   If you're in Eastern Canada, please consider
> speaking:
>
> ---------------------
> The PHP Québec is pleased to announce the 2006 PHP Québec conference, which
> will be held between March, 29th and 31th 2006. We are looking for the best
> speakers, willing to share their experience and skills with professional
> PHP developers from eastern Canada and USA. PHP Québec 2006 features 3
> distinct tracks:
>
> * Technical PHP, covering in deep details of PHP techniques.
> * Professional Development, featuring tools and development methodologies
> increase productivity.
> * Databases, covers different databases that can be used with PHP.
>
> Sessions will be held in French or English. For more information, see the
> PHP
> Québec website.
>
> http://conf.phpquebec.com/en/conf2006/appel/

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Speakers wanted for Quebec PHP Conference

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Hi Marc,

On Thursday 20 October 2005 11:56, you wrote:
> > A special message to Dave Cramer and Marc Fournier: come on you guys I
> > know you two can attend if you want to.
>
> I suffer from SAD (Severe Anxiety Disorder) ... were I to stand in front
> of a group of ppl and try and give a talk, I *literally* fall apart :(
> I'd *love* to do it, I'm just physically a mess when I'm in front of a
> group like that ... and ya, there are drugs I can take, but the side
> effects are worse then the problem in the first place ... tried it once.

I'm lucky, I don't mind making a fool of myself in front of people, just ask Bruce Momjian.

> If we were doing a booth, I'd be there for that mind you, since I love to
> talk *with* ppl, just not good at talking *at* them :(

A booth? You know, I hadn't thought of that. Is this the right venue? Do we have the resources?

--
Robert Bernier
PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst

Tel:  212.244.8833 ext:22

www.sraapowergres.com  robertb@sraapowergres.com
www.sraamerica.com

Date:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Robert Bernier wrote:

> I'm lucky, I don't mind making a fool of myself in front of people, just
> ask Bruce Momjian.

Ya, that's one thing I envy in Bruce ... not the 'making a fool of
himself' part, the ability to speak in front of ppl ... it doesn't even
have to be a large group, I did my JLC (when I was in the Reserves ~16
years ago), and we have to give 'lessons' as part of it ... something like
10 ppl involved there, and 'running in a pool' would be the easier task

My sister, on the other hand, relishes it ... *shrug*

----