concentration of postgres in north america

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Does anybody have numbers of the concentration of use for postgres in North America i.e. where is pg being used the
most?

Marc, can you track download by geography?

Robert Bernier

Re: concentration of postgres in north america

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Robert Bernier wrote:

> Does anybody have numbers of the concentration of use for postgres in North America i.e. where is pg being used the
most?

> Marc, can you track download by geography?

Hrmmm ... let me look into it ... I *thought* awstats would allow parsing
ftp log files ... if it can, I could probably get you a break down ...

----

Re: concentration of postgres in north america

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> Hrmmm ... let me look into it ... I *thought* awstats would allow
> parsing ftp log files ... if it can, I could probably get you a break
> down ...

This only works if you have an account with Akamai or some other service
which will do accurate geographic resolving for you.   Even that doesn't
work on a national basis; for example, I would show up as Oregon because
my ISP is based there.

Finally, that wouldn't show where Postgres is being *used*, just
*downloaded*.

--Josh

Date:
On Wednesday 05 October 2005 11:36, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Hrmmm ... let me look into it ... I *thought* awstats would allow
> > parsing ftp log files ... if it can, I could probably get you a break
> > down ...
>
> This only works if you have an account with Akamai or some other service
> which will do accurate geographic resolving for you.   Even that doesn't
> work on a national basis; for example, I would show up as Oregon because
> my ISP is based there.
>
> Finally, that wouldn't show where Postgres is being *used*, just
> *downloaded*.

It's part of a larger question that goes with locating the largest number of
postgres users on the continent.

Re: concentration of postgres in north america

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Well then, I won't waste my time then :)

----

Re: concentration of postgres in north america

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> not really, it's kind of hard to see through the trees at my end of the
> forest

Feel free to IRC or AIM me: agliodbs

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________