Re: concentration of postgres in north america - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: concentration of postgres in north america
Date
Re: concentration of postgres in north america
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> Hrmmm ... let me look into it ... I *thought* awstats would allow
> parsing ftp log files ... if it can, I could probably get you a break
> down ...

This only works if you have an account with Akamai or some other service
which will do accurate geographic resolving for you.   Even that doesn't
work on a national basis; for example, I would show up as Oregon because
my ISP is based there.

Finally, that wouldn't show where Postgres is being *used*, just
*downloaded*.

--Josh