Someone please step up :)

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

Due to some time constraints I can not handle the scheduling for the
booth. Can someone who is going to be there please handle this?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Due to some time constraints I can not handle the scheduling for the
> booth. Can someone who is going to be there please handle this?

Has anyone jumped on this?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I think Brian is doing this.

On July 21, 2005 03:25 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > Due to some time constraints I can not handle the scheduling for the
> > booth. Can someone who is going to be there please handle this?
>
> Has anyone jumped on this?

cheers

Robert Bernier

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>

>>Due to some time constraints I can not handle the scheduling for the
>>booth. Can someone who is going to be there please handle this?
>

> Has anyone jumped on this?

Welcome back, and No. I know that SRA will be there, and I will be
there. One of my guys will be there one day...

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

1) Find out who's going to OSCON by soliciting all relevant mailing lists
(this one, -hackers and -general, and asking David Fetter to put a blurb
in PWN).

2) ask people to volunteer for one or more of the following "shifts":

Wednesday 10am - 11:30am
Wednesday 11:30am - 1pm
Wednesday 1pm - 2:30pm
Wednesday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 6:00pm - 7:30pm (get several people for this one)
Thursday 10am - 11:30am
Thursday 11:30am - 1pm
Thursday 1pm - 2:30pm
Thursday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm

(people will hang out at the booth regardless, but we don't want to have it
be deserted for a couple of hours due to lack of a schedule.  Suggest that
they look at the talk schedule
(http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/grid/) before committing)

3) Find out what days the employees of SRA and CMD are covering.   Figure
out how many people we have covering the booth at what times and ask
people to change their time if the booth is not well-covered (at least 2
people) during some time slots.  Lunchtime, the first shift Wednesday, and
the Wednesday evening session are the most important.

4) Compose a schedule ( as a pdf or something ) and distribute it, and
bring copies to the show.

We also need someone to make sure the flyers get printed and are available.
Josh, are you handling that?

--Josh

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
> We also need someone to make sure the flyers get printed and are available.
> Josh, are you handling that?

Yes. Flyers, CDs and Banner is handled.

> --Josh

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Rick Morris
Date:
Josh, Robert, others...

I will be glad to volunteer some time. I'm no PostgreSQL heavyweight,
but I have written a couple PostgreSQL articles in PHP|Architect, and I
help moderate the database section at Dev Shed Forums.

I have indicated my available periods below.

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> 1) Find out who's going to OSCON by soliciting all relevant mailing lists
> (this one, -hackers and -general, and asking David Fetter to put a blurb
> in PWN).
>
> 2) ask people to volunteer for one or more of the following "shifts":
>
> Wednesday 10am - 11:30am
> Wednesday 11:30am - 1pm
> Wednesday 1pm - 2:30pm
> Wednesday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
> Wednesday 6:00pm - 7:30pm (get several people for this one)

I will be available for this period (actually, from 4:30 onward)

> Thursday 10am - 11:30am

And this period, if needed

> Thursday 11:30am - 1pm
> Thursday 1pm - 2:30pm

and this period

> Thursday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
>
> (people will hang out at the booth regardless, but we don't want to have it
> be deserted for a couple of hours due to lack of a schedule.  Suggest that
> they look at the talk schedule
> (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/grid/) before committing)
>
> 3) Find out what days the employees of SRA and CMD are covering.   Figure
> out how many people we have covering the booth at what times and ask
> people to change their time if the booth is not well-covered (at least 2
> people) during some time slots.  Lunchtime, the first shift Wednesday, and
> the Wednesday evening session are the most important.
>
> 4) Compose a schedule ( as a pdf or something ) and distribute it, and
> bring copies to the show.
>
> We also need someone to make sure the flyers get printed and are available.
> Josh, are you handling that?
>
> --Josh

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Rick,

> I will be glad to volunteer some time. I'm no PostgreSQL heavyweight,
> but I have written a couple PostgreSQL articles in PHP|Architect, and I
> help moderate the database section at Dev Shed Forums.
>
> I have indicated my available periods below.

Thanks!

Actually, *no* PostgreSQL knowledge is required, just enthusiasm.

Robert, since times-a-wasting and I've already handled a bunch of it, I'm
going to put out a solicitation.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
"Denis Lussier"
Date:
Myself and one other person from EnterpriseDB (Matt Bennett) will be
attending OSCON and will volunteer some time.

--Denis

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
On July 22, 2005 06:29 pm, Matt Bennett wrote:
> Let me know when you need me and I will be more than happy to help out.

Just show up at the booth Wednesday morning and we'll organize everything from
there

cheers

Robert

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
elein@varlena.com (elein)
Date:
Of course I will be there and once the tutorial
is over and I've had a chance to sort out my schedule,
I will be able to commit some time at the booth
and certainly hang out there between times.

--elein

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 02:16:44PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> 1) Find out who's going to OSCON by soliciting all relevant mailing lists
> (this one, -hackers and -general, and asking David Fetter to put a blurb
> in PWN).
>
> 2) ask people to volunteer for one or more of the following "shifts":
>
> Wednesday 10am - 11:30am
> Wednesday 11:30am - 1pm
> Wednesday 1pm - 2:30pm
> Wednesday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
> Wednesday 6:00pm - 7:30pm (get several people for this one)
> Thursday 10am - 11:30am
> Thursday 11:30am - 1pm
> Thursday 1pm - 2:30pm
> Thursday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
>
> (people will hang out at the booth regardless, but we don't want to have it
> be deserted for a couple of hours due to lack of a schedule.  Suggest that
> they look at the talk schedule
> (http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/grid/) before committing)
>
> 3) Find out what days the employees of SRA and CMD are covering.   Figure
> out how many people we have covering the booth at what times and ask
> people to change their time if the booth is not well-covered (at least 2
> people) during some time slots.  Lunchtime, the first shift Wednesday, and
> the Wednesday evening session are the most important.
>
> 4) Compose a schedule ( as a pdf or something ) and distribute it, and
> bring copies to the show.
>
> We also need someone to make sure the flyers get printed and are available.
> Josh, are you handling that?
>
> --Josh
>
> --
> --Josh
>
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
"Matt Bennett"
Date:
Let me know when you need me and I will be more than happy to help out.

Matthew Bennett
EnterpriseDB

Myself and one other person from EnterpriseDB (Matt Bennett) will be attending OSCON and will volunteer some time.

--Denis

Re: Someone please step up :)

From
Chris Browne
Date:
elein@varlena.com (elein) writes:
> Of course I will be there and once the tutorial
> is over and I've had a chance to sort out my schedule,
> I will be able to commit some time at the booth
> and certainly hang out there between times.
>
> --elein

"Ditto"...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")