DeltaSoft on press release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Oleg of OpenFTS has asked that we mention his company, DeltaSoft, in the 8.0
press release or press page with the other companies.

I'm inclined to say no, for two reasons:
1) Oleg didn't ask until Saturday, when 1/3 of the translations were already
done;
2) The critieria for listing people is contributions of features which are
listed in the release or the press page, and TSearch2 was a 7.4 feature.

However, TSearch is very valuable (I use it in 4 projects myself), and Oleg
did not get a plug in the 7.4 release because we didn't have a short list of
companies on that one.  What do people think?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Oleg of OpenFTS has asked that we mention his company, DeltaSoft, in the 8.0
> press release or press page with the other companies.
>
> I'm inclined to say no, for two reasons:
> 1) Oleg didn't ask until Saturday, when 1/3 of the translations were already
> done;
> 2) The critieria for listing people is contributions of features which are
> listed in the release or the press page, and TSearch2 was a 7.4 feature.
>
> However, TSearch is very valuable (I use it in 4 projects myself), and Oleg
> did not get a plug in the 7.4 release because we didn't have a short list of
> companies on that one.  What do people think?

Perhaps we should get him on the "News" page at this point.

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Josh,

I just wanted our company, which I and Teodor Sigaev have founded several
years ago, could be mentioned somewhere in "official place" !!!
I don't pretent to be listed close to Fujitsy and Co :)

     Oleg

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Oleg of OpenFTS has asked that we mention his company, DeltaSoft, in the 8.0
> press release or press page with the other companies.
>
> I'm inclined to say no, for two reasons:
> 1) Oleg didn't ask until Saturday, when 1/3 of the translations were already
> done;
> 2) The critieria for listing people is contributions of features which are
> listed in the release or the press page, and TSearch2 was a 7.4 feature.
>
> However, TSearch is very valuable (I use it in 4 projects myself), and Oleg
> did not get a plug in the 7.4 release because we didn't have a short list of
> companies on that one.  What do people think?

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Oleg,

> I just wanted our company, which I and Teodor Sigaev have founded several
> years ago, could be mentioned somewhere in "official place" !!!
> I don't pretent to be listed close to Fujitsy and Co :)

Oh, you're closer to them than I am, by about 1000 miles.   ;-)

So, we can focus on the new "coporate contributor" page then?

--
--Josh

Date:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
>
>> I just wanted our company, which I and Teodor Sigaev have founded several
>> years ago, could be mentioned somewhere in "official place" !!!
>> I don't pretent to be listed close to Fujitsy and Co :)
>
> Oh, you're closer to them than I am, by about 1000 miles.   ;-)
>
> So, we can focus on the new "coporate contributor" page then?

Yes, it'd be nice. Also, I think, postgresql project needs history page.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
Kenneth Marshall
Date:
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:45:12AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Oleg of OpenFTS has asked that we mention his company, DeltaSoft, in the 8.0
> press release or press page with the other companies.
>
> I'm inclined to say no, for two reasons:
> 1) Oleg didn't ask until Saturday, when 1/3 of the translations were already
> done;
> 2) The critieria for listing people is contributions of features which are
> listed in the release or the press page, and TSearch2 was a 7.4 feature.
>
> However, TSearch is very valuable (I use it in 4 projects myself), and Oleg
> did not get a plug in the 7.4 release because we didn't have a short list of
> companies on that one.  What do people think?
>
> --

Mr. Berkus,

Since Oleg did not get a plug in the 7.4 release for TSearch, I would
be inclined to include him in this release. I have several projects that
based on the tsearch2 functionality.

Ken

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:45:12AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> Oleg of OpenFTS has asked that we mention his company, DeltaSoft, in the 8.0
>> press release or press page with the other companies.
>>
>> I'm inclined to say no, for two reasons:
>> 1) Oleg didn't ask until Saturday, when 1/3 of the translations were already
>> done;
>> 2) The critieria for listing people is contributions of features which are
>> listed in the release or the press page, and TSearch2 was a 7.4 feature.
>>
>> However, TSearch is very valuable (I use it in 4 projects myself), and Oleg
>> did not get a plug in the 7.4 release because we didn't have a short list of
>> companies on that one.  What do people think?
>>
>> --
>
> Mr. Berkus,
>
> Since Oleg did not get a plug in the 7.4 release for TSearch, I would
> be inclined to include him in this release. I have several projects that
> based on the tsearch2 functionality.

Doesn't that classify as "old news"? :(

----

Date:
Oleg,

> Yes, it'd be nice. Also, I think, postgresql project needs history page.

Well, we have a "history" in the docs.   What were you thinking of?  Would you
be willing to write it?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
elein
Date:
I have a bit of history documentation the covers the commercial
history of PostgreSQL as well as the PGDG.  It complements
much of what Bruce has written.

Give me some time and I'll dig it up and submit it if we can
figure out where to put it.

--elein

Date:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, elein wrote:

> I have a bit of history documentation the covers the commercial
> history of PostgreSQL as well as the PGDG.  It complements
> much of what Bruce has written.
>
> Give me some time and I'll dig it up and submit it if we can
> figure out where to put it.

O, nice ! I'm not a good writer. I suppose we could submit
additions/corrections if any, i.e. it will not be covered by
"all rights reserved".

> --elein
>
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:17:16PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Oleg,
>>
>>> Yes, it'd be nice. Also, I think, postgresql project needs history page.
>>
>> Well, we have a "history" in the docs.   What were you thinking of?  Would you
>> be willing to write it?
>>
>> --
>> --Josh
>>
>> Josh Berkus
>> Aglio Database Solutions
>> San Francisco

>> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: DeltaSoft on press release

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I can do this

Date:
I can do this.

On December 3, 2004 03:34 pm, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, elein wrote:
> > I have a bit of history documentation the covers the commercial
> > history of PostgreSQL as well as the PGDG.  It complements
> > much of what Bruce has written.
> >
> > Give me some time and I'll dig it up and submit it if we can
> > figure out where to put it.
>
> O, nice ! I'm not a good writer. I suppose we could submit
> additions/corrections if any, i.e. it will not be covered by
> "all rights reserved".
>
> > --elein
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:17:16PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Oleg,

> >> Well, we have a "history" in the docs.   What were you thinking of?
> >> Would you be willing to write it?
> >>
> >> --
> >> --Josh
> >>
> >> Josh Berkus
> >> Aglio Database Solutions
> >> San Francisco
> >>
> >> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> >> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>
>      Regards,
>          Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Robert Bernier
        PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst,
                SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
                Consulting, PostgreSQL Services & PowerGres on Windows
                One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
                New York, NY 10119

                Tel:  212.244.8833