MS Access to PostgreSQL Migration Information

From
Chris Travers
Date:
Hi all;

I have a customer who is somewhat overdeployed with Microsoft Office
Professional 2000.  I am using this as an opportunity to help move them
off these programs except where necessary.  Of these programs, the only
one that is likely to pose any challenge is Microsoft Access.

I am looking at suggesting the combination of PostgreSQL and Pg Access,
and I am wondering what advice other people have here.  Anybody have
advice in such a migration and in selling it?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Attachment

Re: MS Access to PostgreSQL Migration Information

From
"Joshua D. Drake"

> I am looking at suggesting the combination of PostgreSQL and Pg Access,
> and I am wondering what advice other people have here.  Anybody have
> advice in such a migration and in selling it?

I would think that the first step would be MSAccess -> PostgreSQL via
ODBC. I would not use PgAccess.

If you really want to get them off Access I would look at Rekall.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake