pg_ctl

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

   I am dissapointed in the amount of time that pg_ctl has taken. The
programmer is at 16 hours.
pg_ctl is just a shell script, how hard can it actually be to convert it
to c?

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Re: pg_ctl

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>

>    I am dissapointed in the amount of time that pg_ctl has taken. The
> programmer is at 16 hours.
> pg_ctl is just a shell script, how hard can it actually be to convert it
> to c?

Huh?  Is there a reason you posted this here?  Are you paying this guy to
convert it for you?  If so, why aren't you emailing him, and not us?
*confused look*

----

Re: pg_ctl

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> >    I am dissapointed in the amount of time that pg_ctl has taken. The
> > programmer is at 16 hours.
> > pg_ctl is just a shell script, how hard can it actually be to convert it
> > to c?
>
> Huh?  Is there a reason you posted this here?  Are you paying this guy to
> convert it for you?  If so, why aren't you emailing him, and not us?
> *confused look*

I assume he is asking if it should be a hard job --- I didn't think so
myself, especially if he uses initdb.c as a guide.

Re: pg_ctl

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

  Actually it was just a mispost. Please disregard. I was just checking
up on them because
I found it odd that it was taking as long as it was.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.