Re: [HACKERS] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?

From
Claudio Natoli
Date:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Here's the situation as I see it:
> . there have been lots of requests for a native Win32 port
> . this is important to some people and not important to others
> . the decision has long ago been made to do it, and some work
> has been done, and more is being done
>
> Isn't it time to move on?

No arguments here. As soon as the fork/exec changes are in place, count me
in!

Speaking of which, any ETA on this? Bruce? If anyone from core can indicate
how they'd like this architected (from the perspective of code
rearrangement), I'm willing to have a crack at this.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Re: [HACKERS] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?

Date:
Claudio Natoli wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
> > Here's the situation as I see it:
> > . there have been lots of requests for a native Win32 port
> > . this is important to some people and not important to others
> > . the decision has long ago been made to do it, and some work
> > has been done, and more is being done
> >
> > Isn't it time to move on?
>
> No arguments here. As soon as the fork/exec changes are in place, count me
> in!

It doesn't matter really --- I am working on the win32 port, and will
make sure it is done and I will make sure it is done so it doesn't
uglify our code.

    http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html