old case studies

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Hello Guys,

I'm the new "Business Intelligence Analyst" (case study manager :-).

Josh suggested I get a hold of you Justin to get the old case studies
you might have on hand.

Sean, how are you time-wise to devote work on case study development?
I'll need to decide on the report format i.e. one page summary or a full
blown systems analysis complete with interview appendices.

I'm going to contact the following people to get ball rolling:

Point-of-Sale with Postgres:
Dean Blair <deanb@saleslinksys.com>
Conan Lear <Conan.Lear@SportingLife.ca>

Conversion from Oracle to Postgres:
AviationDB:  jeff@aviationdb.com

regards

Robert

Re: old case studies

From
Sean Chittenden
Date:
> Sean, how are you time-wise to devote work on case study
> development?  I'll need to decide on the report format i.e. one page
> summary or a full blown systems analysis complete with interview
> appendices.

I'm doing good for that, though don't expect me to be on email 24/7
these days (2day timeout should suffice: I'm doing the home
improvement gig at my Mom's house for a few weeks).  If you pass me
the data, I'll XML-ify it and create a DTD and the necessary 1st pass
of the XSL so that way we can keep the formatting of all of the case
studies consistent and professional looking (assuming someone has some
design skillz/good template).

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: old case studies

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Sean,

Ok, the raw materials for getting the Case Studies developed have just
been uploaded to:

http://advocacy.postgresql.org/download/tools/

Robert (Treat), you'll probably want to add them to CVS to keep things
in sync.  Please forgive me for the reverse-about procedure here too...  ;->

With these documents, we found that the detailed Case Study Worksheet's
were only completed by a small percentage of volunteers for a variety of
reasons.  Mostly because it's long and scary (time consuming).  ;-)

have only distributed it to one volunteer.  It might need further
refinement and testing before wide-spread usage.

Hope this stuff helps.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift