On Domains

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 08:57, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> > Another big update for 7.4 is enhancements to domains.  They got some
> > usability fixes and a big update in functionality, namely the ability to
> > define check constraints.  For me, that is a killer feature...do you
> > think its worth adding to the release?
>
> I don't think most readers will know what domains are and it's not
> really that killer of a feature.
>
> However, a techdocs writeup could be created describing how they should
> be used.

I'd be glad to put something together...

Just got a copy of Fabian Pascal's book (that's actually pretty
relevant to the matter) last night, which can suggest some principled
examples.  And it's probably worth mentioning some unprincipled
abuses, as examples of what not to do :-).
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.smrytrebil" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>

Re: On Domains

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Christopher,

> I'd be glad to put something together...
>
> Just got a copy of Fabian Pascal's book (that's actually pretty
> relevant to the matter) last night, which can suggest some principled
> examples.  And it's probably worth mentioning some unprincipled
> abuses, as examples of what not to do :-).

Well, a technical overhaul of Techdocs is due this month, so keep in touch.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: On Domains

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 16:38, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> > I'd be glad to put something together...
> >
> > Just got a copy of Fabian Pascal's book (that's actually pretty
> > relevant to the matter) last night, which can suggest some principled
> > examples.  And it's probably worth mentioning some unprincipled
> > abuses, as examples of what not to do :-).
>
> Well, a technical overhaul of Techdocs is due this month, so keep in touch.

Will there be a document on the technical overhaul of Techdocs?  Kinda
like a 'How I came to be' self descriptive doc.

You're installing Bricolage right?

Attachment

Re: On Domains

From
"Merlin Moncure"
Date:
FWIW, several days ago I added some information about domains in the
interactive documentation.

Merlin

I am hoping that our final goal will facilitate
people adding useful information to techdocs
in a very timely way.  Of course, people will
need to know what to do...

--elein

Re: On Domains

From