On Domains - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject On Domains
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 08:57, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> > Another big update for 7.4 is enhancements to domains.  They got some
> > usability fixes and a big update in functionality, namely the ability to
> > define check constraints.  For me, that is a killer feature...do you
> > think its worth adding to the release?
>
> I don't think most readers will know what domains are and it's not
> really that killer of a feature.
>
> However, a techdocs writeup could be created describing how they should
> be used.

I'd be glad to put something together...

Just got a copy of Fabian Pascal's book (that's actually pretty
relevant to the matter) last night, which can suggest some principled
examples.  And it's probably worth mentioning some unprincipled
abuses, as examples of what not to do :-).
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.smrytrebil" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>