Current TODO items

From
Robert Treat
Date:
* Add language strings for the 7.3 press release to Advocacy database

* Match transaltions for those strings

* Create initial "release checklist" document. (me)

* Finish html coding of monster labs case study (me)

* Create press@postgresql.org email (mark)

* Finish collaboration of press contact lists (josh/mark)

* Create media kit (lucas)

* Enahnce capability for adding news items for advocacy

* Document core values / mission statement / code of conduct (justin? bruce?)

* Publish official list of translators (me)

Robert Treat

Re: Current TODO items

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:

Perhaps 'info@postgresql.org' is generally used.

> * Create media kit (lucas)

Lucas, how you going with this?

> * Document core values / mission statement / code of conduct (justin? bruce?)

I'm happy to put something together.

Here's some more items

1) Create advocacy related CVS tree to run press releases, contact
details, strategy doco, etc. Josh has offered to do this.

2) Collect list of contacts for press release organiser(s) to get quotes
from (me)

3) Collect quotes to put in media kit (me, Lucas)

4) Collate list of awards (??)

5) Determine press contact

6) Determine who will look after the testimonials I discussed (this will
involve casing people for testimonials and HTMLing them up, getting them
live)

7) List of up and coming postgres related events (ie, places people are
talking about Postgres). (me)

8) URLs on techdocs (?) to papers on Postgres. (??)

9) Enterprise Solution Center (see my email 'Directions in Advocacy'). Can
some people *please* stand up for this. I think this is a *great* way to
show off Postgres.

10) A mention from people who are interested in the database taxonomy
project. No need for an organised approach. We should just know that their
will be Postgres representation. I will be involved.

---

Gavin

Re: Current TODO items

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Robert Treat wrote:
>>* Document core values / mission statement / code of conduct (justin? bruce?)
>

> I'm happy to put something together.

Started a page for this a while ago, and moved it to the Advocacy site
just a few hours ago:

http://advocacy.postgresql.org/documents/MarketingGuidelines

It's a start.

:)

> Here's some more items
>
> 1) Create advocacy related CVS tree to run press releases, contact
> details, strategy doco, etc. Josh has offered to do this.

Would prefer to use the collaborative structure and avoid CVS if possible.

> 2) Collect list of contacts for press release organiser(s) to get quotes
> from (me)
>
> 3) Collect quotes to put in media kit (me, Lucas)
>
> 4) Collate list of awards (??)

Good idea.

> 5) Determine press contact

Is it worth doing one per continental area?  i.e. one for Americas, one
for Europe, one for Australasia?

> 6) Determine who will look after the testimonials I discussed (this will
> involve casing people for testimonials and HTMLing them up, getting them
> live)

We have a Case Study Framework & Waiver that we're using.  :)

> 7) List of up and coming postgres related events (ie, places people are
> talking about Postgres). (me)

Good point.  Bruce and yourself are definitely doing stuff there.
Michael Meskes does stuff in Germany from memory.  Devrim Gunduz has
already done about 28 conferences this year in and around Turkey too.

> 8) URLs on techdocs (?) to papers on Postgres. (??)

Devrim is doing more webmastering stuff now.  :)

> 9) Enterprise Solution Center (see my email 'Directions in Advocacy'). Can
> some people *please* stand up for this. I think this is a *great* way to
> show off Postgres.

Can you please put all of this stuff in the new Advocacy collaborative area?

> 10) A mention from people who are interested in the database taxonomy
> project. No need for an organised approach. We should just know that their
> will be Postgres representation. I will be involved.

Good point.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> ---
>
> Gavin

- Indira Gandhi

Re: Current TODO items

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Monday 09 December 2002 03:57 am, Justin Clift wrote:
> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Robert Treat wrote:
> > 3) Collect quotes to put in media kit (me, Lucas)

Justin, don't you already have a list of quotes?

Robert Treat

Re: Current TODO items

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Monday 09 December 2002 03:57 am, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>Gavin Sherry wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Robert Treat wrote:
>>>3) Collect quotes to put in media kit (me, Lucas)
>>>

> Justin, don't you already have a list of quotes?

Some stuff, yes.

Would it be better to gather a bunch of new material though, using the
new Waiver document that goes with the Case Study Framework, so that
there are no potential legal issues, etc?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Robert Treat

- Indira Gandhi

Re: Current TODO items

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Robert Treat wrote:

> > Justin, don't you already have a list of quotes?
>
> Some stuff, yes.
>
> Would it be better to gather a bunch of new material though, using the
> new Waiver document that goes with the Case Study Framework, so that
> there are no potential legal issues, etc?

Yes, that's what we need.

Gavin