Linux New Media Award Winners

From
Diogo Biazus
Date:
Did anybody see this article on linux magazine:
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Press/Releases

It shows that PostgreSQL was recognized as the database project that
have done the most to promote free software and advance the use of Linux
worldwide.
Just a curiosity, it the first time that PostgreSQL overcame MySQL.

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br

Re: Linux New Media Award Winners

From
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Date:
On 2 Dec 2002 at 11:10, Diogo Biazus wrote:

> Did anybody see this article on linux magazine:
> http://www.linux-magazine.com/Press/Releases
>
> It shows that PostgreSQL was recognized as the database project that
> have done the most to promote free software and advance the use of Linux
> worldwide.
> Just a curiosity, it the first time that PostgreSQL overcame MySQL.

In terms of publicity, you means?

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Boucher's Observation:    He who blows his own horn always plays the music    several
octaves higher than originally written.

Re: Linux New Media Award Winners

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2002 at 11:10, Diogo Biazus wrote:
>
> > Did anybody see this article on linux magazine:
> > http://www.linux-magazine.com/Press/Releases
> >
> > It shows that PostgreSQL was recognized as the database project that
> > have done the most to promote free software and advance the use of Linux
> > worldwide.

Now *that's* pretty cool.  :)

> > Just a curiosity, it the first time that PostgreSQL overcame MySQL.
>
> In terms of publicity, you means?

In terms of the votes by the judging group (35 people):

In the Databases category, PostgreSQL overtook MySQL for the first time.

Databases
1. PostgreSQL 39.6 %
2. MySQL 33.7 %
3. DB2 9.5 %

Whoooo Hoooo!

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Bye
>  Shridhar
>
> --
> Boucher's Observation:  He who blows his own horn always plays the music        several
> octaves higher than originally written.

   - Indira Gandhi

Date:
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="mid3DEBA874.25142.B5D39F6@localhost" type="cite"><pre wrap="">On 2
It shows that PostgreSQL was recognized as the database project that
have done the most to promote free software and advance the use of Linux
worldwide.
In terms of publicity, you means?

ByeShridhar

--
Boucher's Observation:    He who blows his own horn always plays the music    several
itmay be an intersting point.

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:diogo@ikono.com.br">diogo@ikono.com.br</a>

Date:
On 2 Dec 2002 at 11:21, Diogo Biazus wrote:

> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
>     In terms of publicity, you means?
> Yes, I think it may be an intersting point.

Yes it is. I was just restricitng scope of your statement to a finer one.. :-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Alden's Laws:    (1)  Giving away baby clothes and furniture is the major cause
  of pregnancy.    (2)  Always be backlit.    (3)  Sit down whenever possible.

Re: Linux New Media Award Winners

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Huh?  PostgreSQL has won two awards already ... they are sitting at the
shelf at the office, and there were pics distributed both times ...

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>Huh?  PostgreSQL has won two awards already ... they are sitting at the
>shelf at the office, and there were pics distributed both times ...

Sorry, I didn't know that, but that's what's written on the site:

"In the Databases category, PostgreSQL overtook MySQL for the first time."

Maybe the people at linux magazine made a mistake.

--

Date:
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Diogo Biazus wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> >Huh?  PostgreSQL has won two awards already ... they are sitting at the
> >shelf at the office, and there were pics distributed both times ...
> >

> Sorry, I didn't know that, but that's what's written on the site:
>
> "In the Databases category, PostgreSQL overtook MySQL for the first time."
>
> Maybe the people at linux magazine made a mistake.

Maybe they meant "for the first time for their magazine"?

I'll try and remember to get some new photographs up this week for the
ones we've won so far, so that we can get them up onto the advocacy site
...?

Re: Linux New Media Award Winners

From
Justin Clift
Date:
"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

<snip>
> I'll try and remember to get some new photographs up this week for the
> ones we've won so far, so that we can get them up onto the advocacy site
> ...?

That's a good idea.

The way the contents of the Advocacy site are managed needs to be
upgraded very soon too.

Hoping Ewald (and perhaps Robert) have some time to assist with this.
It's a PHP thing so it shouldn't be a problem.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi