Re: Wikis

From
radam@net-effect.com.ph
Date:

OPT(http://sourceforge.net/projects/outreach).
> It's a project management tool and canbe used to track documents. We could
> grant guest access to everybody so that they can use it.

Why not OpenACS (http://www.openacs.org)?
It runs on either Oracle 8i or PostgreSQL 7.2.
It's a tool for building an online community, but it also has strong content
management features. We can also use this for the currently-being-discussed
e-zine/newsletter.

I can help build and maintain the site.

Radam Batnag
Net Effect

Re: Wikis

From
Justin Clift
Date:
radam@net-effect.com.ph wrote:
<snip>
> Why not OpenACS (http://www.openacs.org)?
> It runs on either Oracle 8i or PostgreSQL 7.2.

That's cool.  Have looked at OpenACS before, and it's not quite what I
have in mind at the moment.

Am fairly much along the path of implementing Zwiki at the moment, so
that's what we're going to use unless problems develop.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> It's a tool for building an online community, but it also has strong content
> management features. We can also use this for the currently-being-discussed
> e-zine/newsletter.
>
> I can help build and maintain the site.
>
> Radam Batnag
> Net Effect

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: Wikis

From
Nicolas Pettiaux - AEL
Date:
radam@net-effect.com.ph wrote:

> Why not OpenACS (http://www.openacs.org)?
> It runs on either Oracle 8i or PostgreSQL 7.2.
> It's a tool for building an online community, but it also has strong content
> management features. We can also use this for the currently-being-discussed
> e-zine/newsletter.

As far as I got, OpenACS is now RedHat CMS but its community has
suffered from the change and the prospects are not that good around this
new ACS.

Can anybody comment ?

Thanks,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Pettiaux
Association électronique libre pour la promotion des

OT: OpenACS (was: Wikis)

From
Radamanthus Batnag
Date:
> As far as I got, OpenACS is now RedHat CMS but its community has
> suffered from the change and the prospects are not that good around this
> new ACS.
>
> Can anybody comment ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

Nope. RedHat CCM (not RedHat CMS) was ACS Java.
OpenACS 4.5 is the improved and debugged ACS 4.2 Tcl.
Unlike ACS 4.x, OpenACS 4.5 works on both PostgreSQL and Oracle.
OpenACS 4.5 makes selling PostgreSQL easy: start with OpenACS
4.5/PostgreSQL; you can always "move up" to OpenACS 4.5/Oracle later,
when you have the money and when you (if you can) outgrow PostgreSQL.

You're right about Red Hat CCM (ACS Java). Their redirected page for
www.arsdigita.com has been "Please bookmark this page and try back again
soon" for over two months now.

You should check the OpenACS web site (www.openacs.org). A lot has
happened since the demise of ArsDigita.

Radam Batnag

Re: Wikis

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
On Thursday 07 Nov 2002 4:07 am, Justin Clift wrote:

> Am fairly much along the path of implementing Zwiki at the moment, so
> that's what we're going to use unless problems develop.

I saw Josh Berkus mention something about this on the sql list the other day -
is this intended as a way for the kind of people who contribute to techdocs
to generate content easier?

If there's an archive of this list just point me to that and I'll rtfm, but I
couldn't track down an archive anywhere.

--
  Richard Huxton

Re: Wikis

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Richard,

Don't think there is an archive yet.

Will ask Marc if he can arrange for it to be added to the
archives.postgresql.org site.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Richard Huxton wrote:

> On Thursday 07 Nov 2002 4:07 am, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Am fairly much along the path of implementing Zwiki at the moment, so
> > that's what we're going to use unless problems develop.
>
> I saw Josh Berkus mention something about this on the sql list the other day -
> is this intended as a way for the kind of people who contribute to techdocs
> to generate content easier?
>
> If there's an archive of this list just point me to that and I'll rtfm, but I
> couldn't track down an archive anywhere.
>
> --
>   Richard Huxton

   - Indira Gandhi