OT: OpenACS (was: Wikis) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Radamanthus Batnag
Subject OT: OpenACS (was: Wikis)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> As far as I got, OpenACS is now RedHat CMS but its community has
> suffered from the change and the prospects are not that good around this
> new ACS.
>
> Can anybody comment ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

Nope. RedHat CCM (not RedHat CMS) was ACS Java.
OpenACS 4.5 is the improved and debugged ACS 4.2 Tcl.
Unlike ACS 4.x, OpenACS 4.5 works on both PostgreSQL and Oracle.
OpenACS 4.5 makes selling PostgreSQL easy: start with OpenACS
4.5/PostgreSQL; you can always "move up" to OpenACS 4.5/Oracle later,
when you have the money and when you (if you can) outgrow PostgreSQL.

You're right about Red Hat CCM (ACS Java). Their redirected page for
www.arsdigita.com has been "Please bookmark this page and try back again
soon" for over two months now.

You should check the OpenACS web site (www.openacs.org). A lot has
happened since the demise of ArsDigita.