German version of the PostgreSQL "Advocacy and Marketing" site is ready

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn@cornelia-boenigk.de> and Michael
Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at>, the German translation of the PostgreSQL
"Advocacy and Marketing" site, is now completed and ready for public
use:

http://advocacy.postgresql.org/?lang=de

This makes 5 languages done, with Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish
nearly ready too.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Flyer, Press Release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

FLYER: I can start work on the flyer next week sometime.  Should I just use
the text from the website? Does anyone have any ideas for graphics?  Are we
looking for a 1-page, 2-page, 4-page flyer or 3-fold brochure?

7.3 PRESS RELEASE:   Postgres 7.3 will be coming out soon.  We should do a
press release; I even have a press list of tech press we can e-mail it to.
But I think we should start on wording now, so that we can have it nailed
down and translated the day that 7.3 is ready.
    I'm sure that Justin has already thought of this, but one of the reasons that
MySQL is so much higher profile than us is press releases.   They get press
milage out of announcing "enhancements" which we have had for years.  Time to
turn that around ...

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Flyer, Press Release

From
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Date:
On 21 Oct 2002 at 17:04, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> FLYER: I can start work on the flyer next week sometime.  Should I just use
> the text from the website? Does anyone have any ideas for graphics?  Are we
> looking for a 1-page, 2-page, 4-page flyer or 3-fold brochure?
>
> 7.3 PRESS RELEASE:   Postgres 7.3 will be coming out soon.  We should do a
> press release; I even have a press list of tech press we can e-mail it to.
> But I think we should start on wording now, so that we can have it nailed
> down and translated the day that 7.3 is ready.
>     I'm sure that Justin has already thought of this, but one of the reasons that
> MySQL is so much higher profile than us is press releases.   They get press
> milage out of announcing "enhancements" which we have had for years.  Time to
> turn that around ...

Apart from that, I think we need to post HOWTO's which can enable one to start
using database in less than 5 minutes. Getting this HOWTO to as many people as
possible, would let them know how easy it is to start using postgresql..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
ASCII:    The control code for all beginning programmers and those who would
become computer literate.  Etymologically, the term has come down as    a