Re: Flyer, Press Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Flyer, Press Release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 21 Oct 2002 at 17:04, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> FLYER: I can start work on the flyer next week sometime.  Should I just use
> the text from the website? Does anyone have any ideas for graphics?  Are we
> looking for a 1-page, 2-page, 4-page flyer or 3-fold brochure?
>
> 7.3 PRESS RELEASE:   Postgres 7.3 will be coming out soon.  We should do a
> press release; I even have a press list of tech press we can e-mail it to.
> But I think we should start on wording now, so that we can have it nailed
> down and translated the day that 7.3 is ready.
>     I'm sure that Justin has already thought of this, but one of the reasons that
> MySQL is so much higher profile than us is press releases.   They get press
> milage out of announcing "enhancements" which we have had for years.  Time to
> turn that around ...

Apart from that, I think we need to post HOWTO's which can enable one to start
using database in less than 5 minutes. Getting this HOWTO to as many people as
possible, would let them know how easy it is to start using postgresql..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
ASCII:    The control code for all beginning programmers and those who would
become computer literate.  Etymologically, the term has come down as    a