We have lots of material

Date:
Looking through that material I mentioned:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgadvocacy

we have a huge amount of impressive information.  Once this is all
collected, this is going to be a must-visit PostgreSQL site.  I was
amazed just reading one of the links:

    http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/questions-to-applicants-13.htm#Response13TheInternetSocietyISOC

and the mentions of PostgreSQL.  Add that to the testimonials, articles,
case studies, and list of companies using PostgreSQL and this thing is
going to be _very_ impressive.

Re: We have lots of material

From
"Orr, Steve"
Date:
Very interesting...

So is a PostgreSQL database currently used for the .ORG registry data?
The .INFO data?

Looking through that material I mentioned:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgadvocacy

we have a huge amount of impressive information.  Once this is all
collected, this is going to be a must-visit PostgreSQL site.  I was
amazed just reading one of the links:

http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/questions-to-applicants-13.htm#Response13TheIn
ternetSocietyISOC

and the mentions of PostgreSQL.  Add that to the testimonials, articles,
case studies, and list of companies using PostgreSQL and this thing is
going to be _very_ impressive.

Re: We have lots of material

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 08:33:54AM -0600, Orr, Steve wrote:
> Very interesting...
>
> So is a PostgreSQL database currently used for the .ORG registry data?
> The .INFO data?

As the Internet Society's submission to ICANN says, in the event the
contract to run .org is awarded to ISOC, PostgreSQL will be used to
support the .org registry.  At the moment, .org lives in Verisign,
Inc's Oracle database.

But yes, .info lives in a PostgreSQL database.  Afilias (the people
who own my employer and, it sometimes seems, my life ;-> ) uses
PostgreSQL as a part of its registry software.  All interactions with
the shared registry system, and any whois queries against
whois.afilias.net, are served by a PostgreSQL database.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: We have lots of material

From
Robert Treat
Date:
AFAIK It is currently used for the .info registry data. The .info people
we're bidding to do the .org registry as well.

Robert Treat