Re: We have lots of material - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: We have lots of material
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 08:33:54AM -0600, Orr, Steve wrote:
> Very interesting...
>
> So is a PostgreSQL database currently used for the .ORG registry data?
> The .INFO data?

As the Internet Society's submission to ICANN says, in the event the
contract to run .org is awarded to ISOC, PostgreSQL will be used to
support the .org registry.  At the moment, .org lives in Verisign,
Inc's Oracle database.

But yes, .info lives in a PostgreSQL database.  Afilias (the people
who own my employer and, it sometimes seems, my life ;-> ) uses
PostgreSQL as a part of its registry software.  All interactions with
the shared registry system, and any whois queries against
whois.afilias.net, are served by a PostgreSQL database.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110