Any public dataset for benchmarking?

From
Bèrto ëd Sèra
Date:
Hi all,

I'm asked to benchmark a PG-related product. I was wondering if there
is any "sort of standard" public dataset for such operations. The one
and only limit I have is I cannot use triggers with this product
(otherwise I'd use a copy of our own production datasets and everyone
would be happy, but this is the life...).

All suggestions welcome
Bèrto

--
==============================
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a

Re: Any public dataset for benchmarking?

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote:

> I'm asked to benchmark a PG-related product. I was wondering if
> there is any "sort of standard" public dataset for such operations.

You might want to take a look at pgbench:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/pgbench.html

-Kevin

Re: Any public dataset for benchmarking?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote on 01.05.2012 11:13:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm asked to benchmark a PG-related product. I was wondering if there
> is any "sort of standard" public dataset for such operations. The one
> and only limit I have is I cannot use triggers with this product
> (otherwise I'd use a copy of our own production datasets and everyone
> would be happy, but this is the life...).

Have a look at the DellStore2 benchmark suite

http://linux.dell.com/dvdstore/

it supports PostgreSQL (since last year) and generating the dataset is quite straighforward - although I couldn't get
theactual benchmark program to run on Windows.