PK not being restored

From
Rajdeep Das

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using postgresql db server for our production environment. I have created a schema by the name “application”. The public schema is not being used at all. I have noticed that suddenly, the public schema is having some table definition and a whole lot of functions. I have no idea where it came from. For you reference I will list the four tables and a couple of functions that has crept in my database’s public schema.

Tables:

pg_ts_cfg

pg_ts_cfgmap

pg_ts_dict

pg_ts_parser

Functions:

_get_parser_from_curcfg

_int_contained

The above extraneous db objects is interfering with the backup and restore of my application’s database. As a result, when I restore my db, the primary keys are not being restored.

Kindly advise.

Rajdeep

Ontrack Systems Ltd.

Kolkata, India

Re: [HACKERS] PK not being restored

Date:
Rajdeep Das <sendrajster@gmail.com> writes:
> For you reference I will list the four tables and a couple of
> functions that has crept in my database�s public schema.

These look like you have been restoring an 8.2 or older dump from a
database that had contrib/tsearch2 loaded into it.  Please see the
8.3 documentation concerning updating an old tsearch2 installation.

It's not immediately clear why that would have anything to do with
failure to restore PKs, but since you provided no other details,
it's the best advice I have at the moment.

            regards, tom lane

PS: this is not a suitable question for -hackers.