PostgreSQL on Solaris Source Download

From
"Tomeh, Husam"

Is the postgreSQL source available on the ftp site (for instance,
/source/v8.0.1/postgresql-base-8.0.1.tar.gz) works on all Unix
environment. In particular Sun Solaris? I'll be installing PostgreSQL on
Solaris 2.8.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag

Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris Source Download

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:33:33PM -0800, Tomeh, Husam wrote:

> Is the postgreSQL source available on the ftp site (for instance,
> /source/v8.0.1/postgresql-base-8.0.1.tar.gz) works on all Unix
> environment. In particular Sun Solaris? I'll be installing PostgreSQL on
> Solaris 2.8.

The PostgreSQL BuildFarm has a Solaris 8 (aka 2.8) SPARC box that
reports success with 8.0.1 (actually REL8_0_STABLE):

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=potorooo&br=REL8_0_STABLE

The recent errors appear to be due to trouble reaching the CVS
server, not problems with the build itself.

I run 8.0.1 and several other versions on Solaris 9/SPARC without
any problems.  I build with gmake 3.80 and gcc 3.4.2.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

upgrading 7.4.2 to 7.4.7

From
admin@usachurch.com
Date:
Hello list,

I just want to upgrade from 7.4.2 to 7.4.7 on Fedora Core 1.  Is it
safe to simply
download the 7.4.7 rpms and then install/upgrade them with:
rpm -U postgresql-7.4.7.rpm

Kind Regards,
Devin