Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris Source Download - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris Source Download
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:33:33PM -0800, Tomeh, Husam wrote:

> Is the postgreSQL source available on the ftp site (for instance,
> /source/v8.0.1/postgresql-base-8.0.1.tar.gz) works on all Unix
> environment. In particular Sun Solaris? I'll be installing PostgreSQL on
> Solaris 2.8.

The PostgreSQL BuildFarm has a Solaris 8 (aka 2.8) SPARC box that
reports success with 8.0.1 (actually REL8_0_STABLE):

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=potorooo&br=REL8_0_STABLE

The recent errors appear to be due to trouble reaching the CVS
server, not problems with the build itself.

I run 8.0.1 and several other versions on Solaris 9/SPARC without
any problems.  I build with gmake 3.80 and gcc 3.4.2.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/