Re: [BUGS] LockReplace: xid table corrupted

From
Dronamraju Rajesh
Date:
thanks tom....But strange thing is that my database
has only 15 tables totally...which are very small
too...

so how would be the way of me reaching to 1000
tables???

and why do i get an error message "sorry too many
clients" ???

Regards
Rajesh
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80@yahoo.com> writes:
> > database:- Postgres 6.5.2 ( pl dont suggest to
> upgrade
> > to 7.0.2. once this problem is solved. then i can
> do
> > testing of my app with postgres 7.0.2)
>
> If you update to 7.0.3, you'll probably find this
> problem
> goes away.  It sounds to me like you are running
> into a bogus
> debug check in the older code that assumed
> LockRelease should
> never need to release more than a thousand locks.
>
> If you don't want to update, try not touching 1000
> tables in
> the same transaction.  I'm guessing you do a lot of
> large-object
> slinging ... otherwise it's not that easy to get to
> 1000 ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: Re: [BUGS] LockReplace: xid table corrupted

From
Jie Liang
Date:
I remember that you cannot open more than 16 sessiones at same time
by default, if more than that you have to reset, I believe you can
find how from documentation.

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive