remote connection via psql

From
Jorge Maturana
Date:
Hello!

How can I connect to a postgresql database from another machine that isn't
the postgres server?
I try:

[yo@other_machine]$ psql -p 5432
bash: psql: command not found

it appears not found the postmaster.
any help?

--
Jorge Maturana Ortiz
Laboratorio de Sistemas Distribuidos - Departamento de Informatica

Re: [ADMIN] remote connection via psql

From
Bruce Tong
Date:
> [yo@other_machine]$ psql -p 5432
> bash: psql: command not found
>
> it appears not found the postmaster.

Looks to me like "psql" was not found. That's not the Postmaster. The
Postmaster is what you want to connect to "psql." If you're certain "psql"
is installed on your machine, you'll want to check your path. After you've
found (or installed it) the man page shows a "-h" option which allows you
to specify the machine on which the Postmaster is running.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century