Re: [ADMIN] remote connection via psql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruce Tong
Subject Re: [ADMIN] remote connection via psql
Date
List pgsql-admin
> [yo@other_machine]$ psql -p 5432
> bash: psql: command not found
>
> it appears not found the postmaster.

Looks to me like "psql" was not found. That's not the Postmaster. The
Postmaster is what you want to connect to "psql." If you're certain "psql"
is installed on your machine, you'll want to check your path. After you've
found (or installed it) the man page shows a "-h" option which allows you
to specify the machine on which the Postmaster is running.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century