Jobs' node in pgAdmin

From
Bartosz Dmytrak
Date:
Hi all,
How to unhide "Jobs" node in pgAdmin III?
Situation is strange, because I can see this node, but other users not (they have superuser privileges)

users are created like this:
CREATE ROLE "userName" LOGIN
  ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'mdxxxxxx'
  SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEDB CREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

Environment configuration:
  • pgAdmin 1.14.3;
  • Windows 7 32 bit (clinet);
  • Windows 2008R2 (server pg v. 9.1.4 64bit);
Regards,
Bartek

Re: Jobs' node in pgAdmin

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 12:56 +0200, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:
> Hi all,
> How to unhide "Jobs" node in pgAdmin III?
> Situation is strange, because I can see this node, but other users not
> (they have superuser privileges)
>
> users are created like this:
> CREATE ROLE "userName" LOGIN
>   ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'mdxxxxxx'
>   SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEDB CREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;
>
> Environment configuration:
>
>    - pgAdmin 1.14.3;
>    - Windows 7 32 bit (clinet);
>    - Windows 2008R2 (server pg v. 9.1.4 64bit);

Make sure "pgAgent jobs" checkbox is checked in the Options window.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Jobs' node in pgAdmin

From
Bartosz Dmytrak
Date:
Hi,
thanks for Your reply.
all options are checked in browser tab (options window). I haven't mentioned it before - my mistake.

Today I made double chceck with different languages (default, Polish, English). My users still don't see this node in pgAdmin.
Do You need some logs (which one)?

Regards,
Bartek

Date:
On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 13:56 +0200, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for Your reply.
> all options are checked in browser tab (options window). I haven't
> mentioned it before - my mistake.
>

> Today I made double chceck with different languages (default, Polish,
> English). My users still don't see this node in pgAdmin.
> Do You need some logs (which one)?

According to the code, the "pgAgent Jobs" node is displayed if the
option is checked in the options dialog and if there is a table pga_job
in the schema pgagent of the maintenance database. Moreover, the user
used for the connection must have the USAGE privilege on the pgagent
schema. Can you check all this please?

Thanks.

--

Date:
According to the code, the "pgAgent Jobs" node is displayed if the
option is checked in the options dialog and if there is a table pga_job
in the schema pgagent of the maintenance database. Moreover, the user
used for the connection must have the USAGE privilege on the pgagent
schema. Can you check all this please?

Thanks a lot,
solution was maintenance database selection.

Regards,
Bartek